Botox Reviews

Ranked #529 out of 604 in Anti-Age/Wrinkle Cream

June 18, 2009

I am not a botox fan,but anything beats getting a needle put in your skin to take away the wrinkles.On t.v.they told a story on a women getting botox injections from a doctor...this was for her forehead and chin and nose area.....her whole face went numb and so did her body.....bad batch of botox....she was in the pool at the time and because her body went numb,she couldn't move anywhere and couldn't scream out...so she died/drowned in the pool. So this is why I like the botox creams instead,much more safer and no pain with it.

June 18, 2009

After a less than satisfactory experience with Botox a few years ago(major bruising, swelling), I decided to give it a try again at a local spa that came highly recommended. I went in and got a combination of Botox and Juvederm injectables. This review is strictly for the Botox injections.

After a thorough consultation which included a photograph to show hidden sun damage to my skin, the woman who turned out to be a Physician's Assistant talked with me about my goals for this little vain endeavor.
I wanted to get rid of the lines on my forehead, the deep vertical lines between my eyes, crow's feet and anything else she thought she could fix. I had heard Botox would stop excessive sweating on the top lip, so she said she would do that, as well.

I was escorted to a room which looked exactly like a doctor's examination room. Everything was sterile, professional and set me at ease. There was no incense burning, no low lights, no chimes...so if that is what someone wants, this spa is not for them. They are down to business and down to earth.

The PA began by injecting the Botox into my forehead. Before she did this, she felt my face with her hands, and squeezed and pressed here and there. Then, she would inject in a spot. She went slowly, and had me make faces as she pressed, squeezed and injected. As a result, she injected in all the right places. Within hours, you could see a positive difference. By a week later, all signs of any lines were entirely gone. I was unable to frown deeply or make any expressions with my forehead. I have seen videos of myself talking and my face gets around. It goes up, down, sideways, crossways and every which a way and all of that movement has taken it's toll over the years. Within one week, it was gone. I had no bruising whatsoever, no pain and after the injections I was given ice packs to lay down with for a bit. All of this makes sense, however with my first Botox experience, I had none of this. I had an insane Doctor walk up to me and begin jabbing my face indiscriminately with a needle. I wasn't even laying down. He walked up to me while I was sitting on the exam table and just started jabbing. No cleansing prior to the injections, no soothing afterwards. He was brutal.

Thankfully, my second experience was so great. I am a regular customer, now. I get Botox and Juvederm injections as well as Hydra Facials. I don't think I look my age. I think I look perhaps 10 years younger than how old I truly am. I don't care if anyone knows how old I am, because come on...what's the alternative to aging? Dying. I'd rather age, thanks. I'm 43, and people usually think I'm in my early to mid 30s. I'll take that, anyday!