Good

Braun Silk Epil Epilator - 7681 Reviews

Ranked #198 out of 444 in Hair Removal

Product features:

• Wet/Dry technology, specially designed for epilation in the bath or shower
  • Fully washable for easy cleaning and maximum hygiene
  • Massaging rollers stimulates the skin before and soothes it after hair removal to reduce the pain sensation
  • A flexible head that can pivot by up to 15 degrees forward and back
  • SmartLight illuminates the epilation area and makes even the most minute hairs visible
  • Rechargeable with a 40-minute running time when fully charged
  • Efficient 40-tweezer system

1.5/5

October 07, 2016

Totally not worth it
A lot of ingrowns
Hair grows faster and thicker and it's really expensive!
I don't like it and I regret buying it.
My hair is worst than ever

April 16, 2014

I have been using a Braun epilator for probably 5 years, and in the last year my daughter has been using it too. Needless to say, we got our money's worth out of it.

Recently it started to become less effective so I knew it was time to replace. I shopped around a bit but lo and behold I landed right back at Braun salivating over their latest 'n greatest Wet/Dry model, the 7681. Best of all, I found it on sale at a nearby retailer!

I have only used it once so far, but I can already tell I am absolutely in love with this epilator. It is cordless, can be used in the shower or on dry skin (just not underwater, so might be awkward to use in the bathtub), and has quite a few attachments. I probably will never get around to using them all, but it's nice to know they are there. The extra attachments are designed for face and underarm/bikini hair removal so this is an full-body epilator (if that's your thing. I won't be epilating MY lady bits).

One love/hate thing I need to quickly mention about the cordless-meets-Wet/Dry aspect. For obvious safety reasons, this epilator cannot be used while plugged in (think electrocution risk if using it near water). While this is very important, it also means you can't use the epilator when you've forgotten to charge it. I think the benefit outweighs the inconvenience though.

My absolute favourite new feature has to be the pivoting head, making transitions over and behind the knee so much easier than the previous model I owned (5280 for the record). If you remember the first time you used a pivoting shaving razor compared to the cheapie disposable razors, you will understand how huge this benefit is.

My favourite feature that they carried over from previous models is the bright light which mimics natural light. You really can see each and every hair! It boggles my mind that some other epilators on the market do not have a light.

My only complaint is that this model came with a plastic drawstring bag instead of the zippered travel case I received with my previous epilator. No problem though, as they are approximately the same size so I'll just swap out. Why a $100-150 epilator doesn't come with a proper travel bag is kind of a big miss in my books, but not a deal breaker.

As with any epilator, I would caution first timers about their expectations. Epilators in general are probably easiest for waxers to use because of the thicker hair common for people who mainly shave. That said, once you use an epilator several times, the discomfort rapidly diminishes as the hairs will become finer and therefore easier to pluck out.

Updated On: April 17, 2014

I forgot to mention one other thing that was a little problematic. Be careful using the epilator in the shower/bath, because the casing is very smooth and if your hands are at all soapy it can be slippery to handle. Would have been nice if Braun had designed a removable silicone sleeve or had a more grippy profile on the unit for these wet use situations.

That said, I preferred using it wet for the main reason that your pores are really relaxed in the warm water so it's just that much easier and more comfortable than using it dry.