Amazing

briteNway Plant Watering Spikes Reviews

1 review
Ranked #16 out of 28 in Lawn, Garden, & Patio Furniture

August 03, 2016

The good news is that these plant spikes due to the job. However, there are definitely some cases were they aren't ideal. I wouldn't recommend them for smaller indoor plants where the extra weight of a wine bottle might cause the plant to tip over.

However, they're just the ticket for large indoor plants in heavy pots, but I prefer them overall for outdoor or garden use. The reason being that while I love, love, love that it's an eco-friendly way to reuse your old beer and wine bottles, it doesn't look very nice.

The spike itself has a lovely traditional terracotta ceramic design, but glass bottles are rather large and unwieldy and might detract from the visual element of some plants. I find they're perfect for vegetable gardens, where I don't really care about the look. It means I don't have to worry about watering as often and works for when you're on vacation too.

I would prefer to see less styrofoam in the box as it makes the spikes dusty and also is rather sad to see with an eco-friendly product (though it does protect them well).

********************************************
Pros:
+ Nice, traditional terracotta design.
+ Ceramic.
+ Good size to be used with beer or wine bottles.
+ Great for outdoor gardens.

Cons:
- Glass bottle can detract from look of plant or tip over smaller plants.
- Not ideal for all situations.

********************************************