Bumbo Baby Seat Reviews

Ranked #11 out of 32 in Baby Gear - Seats

September 07, 2016

This is a great baby seat. We take it with us when we travel and have used it visiting my parents, at hotels and in restaurants. I would not leave a baby unattended in the chair though, even if you are nearby and preparing food. My 10 month old daughter is pretty strong and could push herself backwards out of the chair. It is not a substitute for a high chair, but have still found very useful. Would recommend.

August 26, 2016

I loved this seat for both of our girls. It was an awesome way to have them sit with me and interact but let me get things done at the same time. Got mine from a friend and has been used for four babies and still holding up.

July 22, 2016

I had heard wonderful things about this seat but was not overly impressed with it. We have only used it a handful of time as both of my sons hated being in it. My toddler likes it more now than he did as a baby.
I bought this second hand without the straps. I contacted the company and they mailed the straps right away which was great!

July 11, 2016

Love this seat! It worked really well with our daughter, our boy was... well, a little chunky for it. He used it, but for a more limited time. His thighs were just a bit big. Both kids liked the freedom of the seat though, and it made them like big kids, sitting with everyone. Very comfy material and the tray is great.

March 30, 2016

I received this used from family and my child enjoyed using it. Use it when your child can hold their own head up and you'll have no issues. It is not forcing them in any position, it is just a seat. Use common sense and supervision and your child will like using this seat. I know mine did.

March 30, 2016

I have one of the original Bumbo seats, the kind without the straps! However, since I have always exercised common sense while pacing a baby inside this seat, it has never, ever even come close to being an issue. My children have never come remotely close to falling out of the Bumbo seat.

Some people said 'why use this seat and force a child's body into a posture they aren't ready for', well, you don't use this UNTIL your child can hold their own head up and keep their upper body in an upright position on their own for a little while. This chair does offer enough support to a baby who can hold their head and upper body up on their own fairly well.

I loved this chair and so did my babies. It offered a change of scenery for baby and gave my arms a rest. It was nice to have to sit on the floor with baby and feed them as well. I would not hesitate to buy another in the future.

March 13, 2016

This is a terrible product, I will never understand the need to force a baby into a sitting position when their bodies are not ready to be in that position on their own. This can cause a lot of problems for babies developing bodies, spine and other parts.

Once they are old enough to sit the leg holes tend to be too small for babies legs and it just becomes another useless product.

March 13, 2016

Although the Bumbo seat seemed like a great idea, and came highly recommended, the addition of the safety straps has rendered this product useless. I understand the need for these safety measures, but the straps are positioned in such a way that the seat is uncomfortable, and my daughter will not sit in it. Instead of sending out the recall kit, the company should have redesigned a safer version of the seat that children would actually use, and provide it to all those who purchased a dangerous product.

January 28, 2016

This seat was a little bit expensive for me. It is easy to travel with and very loved by my daughter. It is great for feeding and even letting her play with her toys. It would be nice if the tray came with the seat but you have to purchase it separately.

January 24, 2016

I used the same chair and tray for two children and it still looked new after all its use. I think this is a must have for all babies as it definitely assists them in sitting and learning to sit. Absolutely fantastic chair. I would use it with the tray and the kids would sit in it and play with toys on the tray. When they were learning to feed themselves, I'd put them in this chair simply because it's easy to clean in the shower as compared to a high chair. Loved this!