Bumbo Baby Seat Reviews

Ranked #11 out of 32 in Baby Gear - Seats

March 17, 2017

I had received this seat as a hand me down and was excited to use it as I had seen it on so many "must have" baby lists, I was less than Impressed to be honest. I don't see what the big deal with this chair is, it's expensive, it wasn't the easiest to get my daughter in and out and for a baby of average size she always seemed to fall to the side so I'm not sure how that supposed to teach her to sit.

February 22, 2017

It is a good seat for a small baby, it I find the straps in it to be useless. They sit in it on the ground, so if it tips the baby goes with it. What use are the straps?

February 21, 2017

we have heard many good comments but It just didn't work for our baby. we have tried it on her since 4 month old. she cried her lungs out and tried to escaped from it so we thought she was not ready for it. so we tried again on 5th month, 6th month, 7th month and now we gave up because I realized that the chair actually locked down her bottom and it frustrated her when she can't move so this chair isn't for her.

September 07, 2016

This is a great baby seat. We take it with us when we travel and have used it visiting my parents, at hotels and in restaurants. I would not leave a baby unattended in the chair though, even if you are nearby and preparing food. My 10 month old daughter is pretty strong and could push herself backwards out of the chair. It is not a substitute for a high chair, but have still found very useful. Would recommend.

August 26, 2016

I loved this seat for both of our girls. It was an awesome way to have them sit with me and interact but let me get things done at the same time. Got mine from a friend and has been used for four babies and still holding up.

July 22, 2016

I had heard wonderful things about this seat but was not overly impressed with it. We have only used it a handful of time as both of my sons hated being in it. My toddler likes it more now than he did as a baby.
    I bought this second hand without the straps. I contacted the company and they mailed the straps right away which was great!

July 11, 2016

Love this seat! It worked really well with our daughter, our boy was... well, a little chunky for it. He used it, but for a more limited time. His thighs were just a bit big. Both kids liked the freedom of the seat though, and it made them like big kids, sitting with everyone. Very comfy material and the tray is great.

March 30, 2016

I received this used from family and my child enjoyed using it. Use it when your child can hold their own head up and you'll have no issues. It is not forcing them in any position, it is just a seat. Use common sense and supervision and your child will like using this seat. I know mine did.

March 30, 2016

I have one of the original Bumbo seats, the kind without the straps! However, since I have always exercised common sense while pacing a baby inside this seat, it has never, ever even come close to being an issue. My children have never come remotely close to falling out of the Bumbo seat.

Some people said 'why use this seat and force a child's body into a posture they aren't ready for', well, you don't use this UNTIL your child can hold their own head up and keep their upper body in an upright position on their own for a little while. This chair does offer enough support to a baby who can hold their head and upper body up on their own fairly well.

I loved this chair and so did my babies. It offered a change of scenery for baby and gave my arms a rest. It was nice to have to sit on the floor with baby and feed them as well. I would not hesitate to buy another in the future.

March 13, 2016

This is a terrible product, I will never understand the need to force a baby into a sitting position when their bodies are not ready to be in that position on their own. This can cause a lot of problems for babies developing bodies, spine and other parts.

Once they are old enough to sit the leg holes tend to be too small for babies legs and it just becomes another useless product.