Burt's Bees Pore-Refining Mask with French Clay Reviews

1 review
Ranked #433 out of 511 in Masks

December 12, 2011

Sooo, I love a good clay mask.
I try to use a clay mask twice a week in rotation with a good face exoliator twice a week as well.
On top of that I use a face cleanser each day and I use my Clarisonic on my face about twice a week.
One clay mask I have really enjoyed using is this Burt's Pore-Refining Mask with French Clay.
My boyfriend got this for me at one of those "one of" beauty supply stores at the Walden Galleria in Buffalo (but Target seems to sell the cheapest Burt's Bees products).
Now, a huge downfall with this product is that it is not easy to find in stores!
I have been looking everywhere for this when I ran out and even Dale was sweet enough to try looking for it too out in Calgary - but neither of us have found it. It's not even on the Burt's Bees website :S
So I think you may only be able to get this mask in the States....and, because this product is not on their website and I haven't been able to purchase another one since, I even suspect it might be discontinued
The neat thing about this clay mask is that it's in a powder form.
So you make your own mixture of the clay mask by mixing it with liquids. The box suggested a few different liquids you could mix the powder with depending on your skin type.
I actually mix my clay mask with toner since I read a very helpful review on Makeupalley advising that using a toner draws out more impurities from the skin than using water.
It also comes with a neat spatula which really helps scoop out the fine powder prior to mixing
The powdered clay is very fine in consistency as you can see from the picture I uploaded.
You can make the paste as thin or thick as you like. Although I found the paste I made was always on the thin side even though I would scoop out generous amounts. For example, the clay mask was nowhere as thick in consistency as the St.Ives Mineral Clay Firming Mask (which I reviewed some time ago).
So what do I like most about the Burt's Bees Pore-Refining Mask with French Clay?
I mainly drawn to it because it's 100% Natural. Also I like how I'm able to mix the fine powdered clay with whatever base I chose to, depending on my skin needs.

For more pictures please feel free to visit my direct blog link review here at: