Butter London Nail Skins

1 review
Ranked #1327 out of 1457 in Nail Polish

1.5/5

January 12, 2012

What a huge disappointment. I've tried Sally Hansen's, Broadway's, Nail Fraud's, Inque Nails' and Sephora by Ulta's nail skins/decals and I have to say these are at the bottom of my list. Well, maybe above Broadway's because theirs tear really easily. Then again, Butter London's are twice the price and last only a couple hours, so yeah, they're at the bottom.

Firstly, there are only 6 sizes of skins for each hand, so unless your nails are the right size and shape, you will be trimming the stickers to fit your nails anyway. Oh, and they are definitely stickers, not skins. It feels like you are wearing duct tape on your nails. They are pretty thick and have really gooey adhesive on them.

Plus, the stickers weren't wide enough for my nails by about 1/4", so they were noticeably small. My nails aren't even big, so I would guess you would have to be a tween for them to fit. I ended up having to trim all of the stickers to fit my nails because they were too rounded on the cuticle end. I cut off half of the design in the process, and that was a pity because they were really cute. Once I had them on, it was less than a half hour before they started to curl up on the edges and leave behind traces of adhesive.

The only plus was the design. I got the black ones with the bird and roses and I loved that the right and left hands were not exactly the same. Other than that, I was very disappointed overall. I wore them around the house for an hour and took them right off. That was $10 wasted, for sure.

catf added a new review for
    BOOST Just Protein

LeaLeaRose added a new review for
    Z Palette

Where's everyone from?

Emerald City

Sausage Party

LeaLeaRose has posted in the forum topic
    best foundation

NGreco added a new review for
    Levana Astra