Canon SD 1000 digital camera

Canon SD 1000 digital camera Reviews

1 review
Ranked #436 out of 623 in Electronics

November 05, 2007

Ok so I wanted a Canon SD750 as i mentioned in another review on ChickAdvisor but the camera I got instead is even better! Feature wise the SD750 and the SD1000 are almost the same camera....the SD750 has a 3 inch LCD but is heavier camera with curvy corners and the SD1000 has a 2.5 inch LCD and is a lighter weight with sharp corners. My sister and I celebrated an early Christmas this year while she was visiting since I will not see her on Christmas. Anyway, my gift.... a Canon SD1000. There are plenty of pocketable digital cameras on the markthat that are smaller, thinner, have larger LCDs that the SD1000; and there's no shortage of small cameras outfitted in fun fashion colors. But, the stylish SD1000 not only looks good and fits easily into pockets but the ELPH line has a track recaord of good performance and solid image quality on its side. The SD1000 is equipped with Canon's latest face detection technology that no only recognizes multiple faces and helps to ensure accurate focus and eposure of subjects; it analyzes and adjusts flash output according to shooting conditions. I brought my little camera along with me to the Shop Crawl Part Deux and every picture that I took was illuminated perfectly and in focus despite changing light conditions of being outside in the dark, under fluorescent lighting, camera lighting, dim lounge lighting etc. I have to say that I am VERY impressed and swear by Canon digital cameras. If you are in the market for a new digital camera, Canons are definitely the way to go! :o) PS I found it is significantly cheaper to buy this camera in the US because our dollar is so strong and prices on digital cameras here do not yet match our strong dollar in Canada...

smontero84 earned the Beauty Expert badge