Cetaphil DermaControl™ Oil-Control Foam Wash Reviews

Ranked #114 out of 433 in Acne Treatment

February 17, 2017

This is a simple foaming face cleanser that removes makeup and washes off without leaving a film. It did not dry out nor leave my somewhat sensitive skin irritated and it includes a pump.

While I has a mostly positive experience with this product, I will not repurchase because I feel there are many great quality drugstore cleanser that are cheaper and I was disappointed by the inclusion of fragrance.

December 29, 2016

I love foam cleansers, and recently rediscovered Cetaphil – this new foam cleanser definitely made me curious as to how it works in comparison with their old and new formulas.

The Derma control is more for my Husband than myself, but I have found using it once every 2 to 3 days on my own skin has kept it from breaking out during recent stressors and during extra hormonal periods (sorry guys!) as it normally does.

Husband has started using it both on his face and body, as he gets sports related acne due to sweat – no one wants acne on their behind or back! He is able to actually pump a few squirts of foam onto his loofah in order to wash the areas that he cannot see, and we have seen a slight improvement in his breakouts after the first few weeks! We normally do not see these results unless we are down south swimming in the ocean every day.

I find one pump is more than sufficient for my face – it is a light and fluffy type foam with no noticeable scent or residue afterwards.

I rub it onto my face, let it absorb for a minute or so, close my eyes, and rinse it off. In comparison with other cleansers, it definitely washes off a lot quicker than others.

Afterwards, my skin feels soft, not dry and itchy (as it can with acne cleansers), so I do not feel the immediate need to use face moisturizer afterwards.

As gross as it is, it actually has made Husband’s back skin even softer, making shaving it (my job) a lot more efficient and quicker!

So overall, this is definitely my go-to for those stressful or times of the month where my skin goes out of balance; and for Husband, his daily regular all over wash for face and sports acne.

We recommend every bathroom has at least one for overall skin health and appearance!

November 29, 2016

My dermatologist recommended this wash as it was better for sensitive skin, and my face is super oily, so it would help with that too. I have been using it for about 4 months now and it has only helped a little. I find the wash is like a gel and leaves a filmy residue on my face. Also, it really dries out my skin so I have to apply a little bit of moisturizer after so I don't have flaky skin.

August 25, 2016

This is one of the few products I can safely use on my face and know it will not cause further breakouts! Very gentle on sensitive skin, yet tough enough to battle any blemishes. I love that it is made with all natural ingredients. Has a soft subtle smell.

July 30, 2015

I have been using this for the past two years, since it was recommended by my dermatologist. I have oily, but also sensitive skin, in addition to adult acne (not cystic, just persistent). I used to use Spectro brand products, which were pretty gentle, but my face was still almost always oily. WIth DermaControl Foam wash, my skin has a matte appearance for a much longer period, the appearance of my pores is visibly reduced, and while I expect I'll likely always have some acne, there has been a huge improvement in number and severity of breakouts. It costs more than other products I've tried, but it is worth it; my fussy skin really likes this stuff!

June 17, 2015

I have had trouble with acne for awhile now tried covering it with make up did not work , when I tried this product I fell in love , it makes my skin feel great , my acne has gotten better than before

May 04, 2015

- I have been dealing with a bit of cystic acne, and the local pharmacist recommended for me to try this product. The product contains zinc, which is suppose to help in reducing acne and bacteria. So far I have been using this product for a week, and it has helped keep my face clean and soft. There is a flower scent to the product so if you are sensitive to that, please be aware. The cleanser has a nice foam and you only need one pump to cover your whole face. I have noticed that my acne is at bay and it keeps my face glowing and not irritated and the redness is reduced. It is a nice gentle product if you have acne-prone skin and I would definitely recommend it!

DEANENE has posted in the forum topic
    TWD

DEANENE has posted in the forum topic
    Sampling Products in Stores

DEANENE added a new review for
    Knorr Sidekicks

vampyremystik added a new review for
    BOOST Just Protein