Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser

Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser Reviews

Ranked #674 out of 944 in Facial Cleansers

September 22, 2016

This skin cleanser by Cetaphil works well to remove dirt, oil, and make-up.

This cleanser is formulated as a clear gel. It has a noticeable scent to it that is difficult to describe - a bit flowery/perfumey. Once the cleanser has been washed off, you will not notice any lasting scent.

It's advertised as having "foaming action," but really you will not notice a lot of foam like other facial cleansers. Because it does not foam much, I find that I must work a bit more at spreading the cleanser around my face. I also feel that I am probably using a bit more product than I should to ensure that I am getting total coverage.

In terms of effectiveness. it works well and gets my face clean. My face does not feel too tight or dry after using. My face afterwards feels smooth, clean, and free of any residue.

I received this product at a discounted price in return for my honest review.

August 04, 2016

I didn't know my skin was oily till i started testing this product out and it absolutely worked wonders! I used it both morning and night, my skin felt clean and smooth. It works best for me in the morning in the shower! I deffo reccomend this to anyone who was oily/combo skin! The price was very affordable aswell!

July 07, 2016

This gel-like formula lightly foams, gently removing any makeup and excess oil. Most foaming cleansers I've used in the past strip my skin leaving it dry and irritated. Not Cetaphil. They respect your skin's natural barriers and keep your Ph levels balanced. One con I have with this product is that there is fragrance added which I find a little irritating for my eyes.

March 11, 2016

Cetaphil is a awesome product my common law was recommded this but his doctor. It works good for if you have sensative skin to other cleanser, There is no smell which is a bummer but the purpose of the cleanser is not about smell

March 11, 2016

The best cleanser for my combination skin. Effectively removes my makeup and leaves my skin feeling clean and fresh but definitely not stripped dry. Psssst- it's pretty much the same as the Clinique gel cleanser but a fraction of the price!

September 12, 2013

My doc gave me a sample and I've never looked back. Doesn't leave your skin greasy and your skin feels nice and soft after every use!

June 25, 2013

Hands down best cleanser, most recommended by doctors.

May 22, 2013

I love Cetaphil's Oily Skin Cleanser!

I started using it about a year and half ago and have not looked back since. I have very oily skin and was always breaking out on my forehead and chin. Other cleansers did help a bit with reducing breakouts a bit, but Cetaphile has been amazing. Since using it I get may one of two pimples a month (instead of multiple at the same time almost every few weeks). I also find if I feel one starting to come along it does help fight it off before it surfaces.

When I used Cetaphil for the first time I wasn't a huge fan of the scent. It's not strong, but it was noticeable at first. After using it for a while though I don't notice it at all. It's also very easy on my skin, it doesn't dry me out or cause irritation at all.

May 03, 2012

This product will never be too harsh on your skin.

April 26, 2011

My face has been acting up lately, even when I'm not on my period, and it's driving me nuts! I wanted something gentle but still meant for oily skin, so I don't have to worry about using it more than twice a day.
After a week and a bit of using this cleanser, I'm pretty happy. First off, the packaging is good. I went away to see family for a few days, and the bottle stood up well to being packed away even though it's big - the pump/dispenser didn't leak at all, which they usually do for me!
The product itself was kind of surprising. I didn't expect it to smell so nice! It seems like I need to use a bit more than other cleansers, but the gel lathers up just enough and it feels like a really gentle yet deep clean on my skin. It rinses away really well, and there's no dry or tight feeling around my nose/chin/forehead.
I don't know if it really treats the oiliness and breakouts per se, but it's definitely keeping my skin clean and healthy. I can see myself buying this again for sure!

Sakimitama added a new review for
Bliss Naked Body Butter

tiffy1324 has posted in the forum topic
Finding Dory

Angelwingsx2 has started a new forum topic
Ready for Christmas

Angelwingsx2 has posted in the forum topic
Check your emails, ladies!

wennieyang earned the Beauty Guru badge