Chick 'n' Pug

Chick 'n' Pug Reviews

1 review
Ranked #582 out of 960 in Books

May 04, 2015

Chick 'n' Pug written by Jennifer Satterleigh and published by Bloomsbury. A 28 page young children's book for $8.99. It's about a chick who hates his chicky life and wants to be the wonderful pug he read about in his book. This is apparently part of a series since the back of the book has another title with the characters called Chick 'n' Pug Meet the Dude.

I liked the artwork, it was large and covered the entire page. I like how it wasn't obnoxiously bright and was more mellow with a watercolour type of brush strokes. I like the thickness of the pages, they seem really hardy and almost indestructible. My 4 month old seemed to like looking at the pictures and he did reach out and try to touch the pictures.

I think $9 is pretty steep for this short of a book. But I borrowed mine from the local library. Which I recommend doing unless you have the money to try to build your kid his own library. I think I would with the classics, but not books like this. It's still worth a read though to your kid.