I have to say this product is worth the money it is a cost effective method of baby wearing, woven wraps can go for $$$$ this one is on the low side making safe baby wearing for all parents!
I tried out many wraps with my last baby, trying to find the perfect one and this is it! It is made of very high quality materials and it is very durable and strong. It can easily support a child up to 40lbs. Despite being woven, it is not very hot for either baby or mama, even when using it outdoors in the summertime. It comes in a variety of beautiful colors.
There are TONS of ways to tie this wrap - baby facing in towards mama, baby facing out, baby on mama's hip, like a sling(great for nursing on the go!), on mama's back once baby is older. It takes a little time to learn how to tie the different setups, but after a few tries, it's simple! Most stores where you buy them are more than happy to show you how to do all the different ties.
This wrap is also very comfortable for both mom and baby. My other baby carriers(even pricier brand name ones) were killing my neck and shoulders. This wrap eliminated shoulder pain because it offers more support in the way that you tie it on and it also distributes the weight more evenly.
I used this wrap from 2 months old up until baby was nearly 2. And I could still use it if I wanted to, with babe on my hip or back. This wrap is truly amazing due to it's great quality and versatility. Well worth the cost.
The Chimparoo woven wrap is 100% cotton and a fantastic price point for beginning wrappers. After a wash and some use it became delightfully soft and pliable for snug wraps. This wrap is on the thinner side of wovens and would probably not be the best choice for a heavier child. But with a smaller child and/or a customer who is looking to get into the woven wrap without the high price tag, this a fantastic entry point.
This is a machine woven wrap made of 100% cotton. It is considered a light to light-medium wrap and comes in a variety of colours. The wrap comes in a variety of colours and four different lengths. It is manufactured and distributed in Quebec. The price range of this product is $79.99-$110.99 Canadian depending on size, so it is on the less expensive side of woven wraps.
My review (note this is my first woven wrap and I am still relatively new to wrapping)
I started off wrapping with a stretchy wrap from a different Canadian brand. My baby started getting too heavy and my husband did not enjoy wrapping so we purchased a soft structured carrier. While I do like our soft structured carrier I missed wrapping a lot so went on the mission of finding a woven wrap. I settled on this wrap because it is made by a Canadian company and as a first woven wrap it is recommended to start with one that is 100% cotton instead of a blend.
- Cost is absolutely amazing for being organic cotton so great purchase if you have a very small budget or not sure about venturing into the woven wrap world of baby carrying. You would be hard pressed to find one at that price for the length
- Very sturdy - this is definitely a wrap I can see bringing me into carrying baby when she is a toddler
- Colours are very beautiful
- While the wrap requires some breaking in it is not a difficult wrap (it is recommended to wash first and then line dry to get the wrap to soften up a little)
- Love that I am supporting a Canadian family owned company
- The wrap is nice and wide
- While I am able to use the size that I got I wish I had gotten the size up (while this is my fault this would have brought me up to their longest size meaning those that are plus sized may not be able to use the wrap for some of the carries that require more fabric)
Baby gave her seal of approval by falling asleep on one of our walks.
These reviews are the subjective opinions of ChickAdvisor members and not of ChickAdvisor Inc.