Good

Cinema Secrets Makeup Brush Cleaner Reviews

Ranked #207 out of 474 in Makeup Brushes & Tools

August 28, 2016

Ok this is not a cheap brush cleaner but if you want quality and effective brush cleaner, then this is your gal.

The one i have has a tin that you pour and swirl your brush in. Ive heard people complain of how it rides up their brushes but it's all about putting a bit at a time. I'm stingy with how much i pour due to the price and how I always do a quick clean before putting the brush on my face.

This product does have a scent but it fades away after it dries and it's not overwhelming. It's fast drying and doesn't leave oily residue.

I suggest for people to pour some in a bottle spray and squirt a bit instead of eyeballing how much to use.

Would definitely recommend this product for a burns cleaner. You are definitely paying for how well this product works (y)

June 30, 2016

I purchased this brush cleaner, as I had a few friends rave about this. I had also been forewarned that this brush cleaner had a strong vanilla scent, which I thought I would be able to handle because I normally am not super sensitive to scents, but I was wrong. The vanilla scent was way too overpowering and all I could smell was vanilla and chemical — and I actually had to rewash and rinse my brushes until most of the scent was gone. It was that bad for me unfortunately.

I also found that this brush cleanser took more effort for me to get my brushes clean! I use a lot cream and liquid foundations and in the past, I was able to clean my white, natural haired brushes haired with relative ease using the Beauty Blender Solid.

Overall, I was really disappointed in how scented this cleanser was. It smelled strongly of artificial vanilla and a hint of chemical –not a great combination. The scent of this cleanser was too much in my face.The other downside was I felt it took me twice as long to clean my foundation brushes.. which usually are the ones that require a little more effort than the brushes I use with powder products.

February 08, 2016

WOW! Amazing product I was given to try and bought my own immediately. A tiny dip into the cleanser and my duo fibre brush tips were white again! I have tried many cleansers and they get the surface make-up out but don't give the deep clean that Cinema Secrets does. Best part? Brushes dry really quickly and you don't need to wait overnight to use again!!! Highly recommend!!!

June 03, 2015

The price is a tad expensive for make up brush cleaner but BOY DOES IT WORK.

I can clean all of my brushes in a matter of minutes - and its amazing how quickly they dry.

I bought the smaller size from Sephora.ca and used it a few times and realized that I needed to buy the biggest size. I clean my brushes weekly, so I do use a fair bit of the product.

The smell is a bit off putting, so once I clean them I let them dry for a few hours. That seems to help with the smell.

March 14, 2015

Hands down the best brush cleaner ever. This stuff is amazing. It is a liquid cleaner that is rinse free, all you have to do is wipe with a paper towel a few times and then let it dry. It dries so fast. I use it with my creamier products like lipstick or concealer, and nothing is left behind. Completely clean. It's also got a nice light vanilla scent to it.

e010365 earned the Beauty Expert badge