Clairol Nice 'n Easy Root Touch Up Reviews

Ranked #178 out of 258 in Hair Colour

Even matches salon brands (Among leading retail permanent shades and pre-formulated salon color). 10 minute root makeover. 100% gray coverage. Flawlessly matches any brand (Among leading retail permanent shades and pre-formulated salon color). Guaranteed. Simply brush away your grays and roots with permanent color - just 10 minutes between colorings. Matches any brand. Guaranteed. Q: Why is Root Touch-Up right for me? A: Root Touch-Up is specially designed to target new root and gray regrowth and restore beautiful, natural-looking color in just 10 minutes between colorings. Q: Will it match my shade and brand? A: Yes. Our unique ColorMatch Root Creme Mixture contains a perfect blend of tones proven to match your shade - no matter which brand you use. It even works with salon color (Among leading retail permanent shades and pre-formulated salon color). Guaranteed! Q: What makes it so easy? A: Our Precision Color Brush allows you to easily apply the creme just where you need it No mess, no fuss. Just 10 minutes and roots are gone! 100% Lasting Gray Coverage - even on resistant grays. Proven to seamlessly match any black (Among leading retail permanent shades and pre-formulated salon color). Including: Excellence (registered trademarks of L'Oreal): 3 natural black; 1 black. Preference (registered trademarks of L'Oreal): 3 soft black; 2 natural black. Nutrisse (Registered trademark of Laboratories Garnier): 10 black; 30 cola soft black. Nice 'n Easy: 122 natural black; 124 natural blue black. Perfect 10: 3 black. Even works with salon color (Among leading retail permanent shades and pre-formulated salon color)! Matches any brand. Guaranteed. Suitable for roots that are within one shade lighter or darker than your colored hair. Made in Mexico.

August 26, 2016

Loved it! Did what it's suppose to do! The pricing is reasonable. Comes in various of colours as well. Was easy to find at any local stores around.

January 12, 2016

I swear, this has got to be the cutest little thing ever. Included in each box are a brush, a mixing cup, colour creme and developer. The difference lies in the size, everything are minis! I really appreciate this as sometimes, when you're just doing your roots and not actually changing your hair colour or doing your whole head, the regular boxes have too much product. As with every kit, it also comes with an instruction leaflet and gloves.

The cute brush is actually pretty good quality. The bristles are nice, they're stiff with enough give. I found it fairly easy to apply the right amount for roots. There's also enough product to cover roots, unless you have something like six inch roots. You'd need a regular box of Clairol Nice 'N Easy for that. You only need 10 minutes of development time. I found that I spent more time applying than waiting! Another huge plus for me. It covered my roots and my pesky greys well. Yup, I'm only in my 20's but I have a ton of greys.

I chose Light Golden Brown. It goes with the 6G and 6.5G colours across Clairol's family of boxed hair colour, and I'm sure it's comparable with many, many other brands' colours. Clairol says it seamlessly matches salon colour as well. With this handy dandy kit, you'd be able to extend time between salon visits too, if that's your cuppa tea.

January 05, 2016

I got a box of the Clairol Nice N Easy Root Touch-Up and selected Medium Brown shade but was weary that it would be too close to my darker brown/black roots. To add insult to injury, I also have a few grays peeking out at my roots as well. The packaging was pretty standard ... a box containing the colour creme, colour activator, instructions, and a pair of oversized plastic gloves. The bonus for me was the brush and plastic container that was also included. Typically the permanent hair dyes I buy from the drug store does not come with a brush applicator nor container. With my ample head of hair, I ended up using the entire box of colour mixture. But rather than leaving it on for the suggested 10 minutes, I kept the colour in for about 45 minutes as typically with my dark hair I have found with previous hair dyes that it takes much longer for my hair to take the colour. During the colouring and waiting time, I was pleasantly surprised of no strong odour from the hair dye. My eyes did not burn like they typically do with my usual hair dye. After waiting 45 minutes, I rinsed and then shampoo'd my hair. The process was no different and didn't take any longer from what I have done in the past. At this point I was still skeptical that all my roots would be covered properly .. until I fully dried my hair. To my surprise, the colour had taken beautifully and it was seamless so that you could not even tell that I had a root touch up. Somehow the colour I chose matched exactly the rest of my hair! The clean up process was quick and I even washed the brush and container so I could use it again for my next dye job! A final bonus were all the coupons this package came with. Two thumbs up and now I can share them with my girlfriends as I spread the word about Clairol Nice N Easy.

November 03, 2015

I have to admit that I have terribly bad roots. I was excited to get this campaign because my hair needed to be touched up. Unfortunately the “Light Brown” color did not match my light brown shade I have in already, if anything it was the same color as my natural hair color so I found it did nothing for me. It seemed like 10 minutes was too short of a time, but it was nice to be able to rinse it out that soon! I found there was not enough product to cover my whole root areas, so If I put my hair up in a pony you may see some of my roots that I have not been able to touch. I will definitely try to find a shade that matches better with the coupons I received with this campaign and pray I get better results!

* Disclaimer: I was invited in a bzzagent campaign of said product for an honest review. This review is my honest opinion based on my own experience with said product.

August 05, 2015

I was a little concerned at first to "do it myself" as I have had some scary "home colour" experiences. (read: orange hair) I was given the opportunity to review this product for free by #Bzzagent, so I figured I would give it a try. What do you know...I was impressed! Like...really impressed!! There wasn't a ton of product, enough to do my roots, hairline, and part...but it was just enough. I was able to use the brush for those areas, and then massaged it all around my scalp to get all my roots. There was no waste, which was a huge plus for me. After 20 minutes (5-10 minutes longer than the suggested time) I rinsed my hair and the result is beautiful! no more grey, no more dark roots! I will be buying this product again! Thanks #Clairol! #GOTITFREE

July 28, 2015

This product was very easy to use, is designed to last three weeks. The package comes with a plastic tray so you pour the formula in, mix it up and then dip the precision brush and begin applying.

I love that it only takes 10 minutes, and has 21 shades to choose from, so their is a shade for everyone. The only complaint I do have is that there was not enough dye. I do recommend this to anyone who doesn't want to shell out those big bucks just for a touch up!

July 22, 2015

Great colour, and easy application. Colour came out perfect . Say goodbye to roots and grays.

Here’s everything you need to know about Clairol® Nice N’ Easy Root Touch-Up before you put it to the test:
Covers roots flawlessly in just 10 minutes
Provides 100% gray coverage
Offers 21 hues to match any hair shade
Applies easily with a Precision Brush
Lasts for up to three weeks

Select your product by matching the shade to the coloured portion of your hair.
Make sure your hair is dry before starting your root touch-up application.
Always touch up your roots with your hair combed into your preferred style.
Apply colour to your most visible roots at the hairline around the face, part and temples. Wait 10 minutes - your done Rinse

Saves money from going to the salon

July 14, 2015

I tried the Clairol Nice 'n Easy Root Touch Up in Extra Blonde, and it worked well, but I really wish they would add a toner treatment to their blonde dyes to get the brassyness toned down after using it (I had some on hand anyways, but it would be more convenient for those who doen't realize, then complain that it "turned their hair orange". Other than that it works great, $8 for a box of root touch up sure beats the $200 I would have spent in the salon.

January 30, 2015

I have been using this product for years and have saved hundreds as a result. Easy to put on, amount of product is more than adequate, tray is stable and gloves provide protection for hands. Clairol provides a toll free phone number help line. I leave on for 15 which is perfect every time.

December 14, 2014

Clairol Nice 'n Easy Root Touch Up has a product out that if your old Hair Roots are starting to show or,if your grey roots are starting to show you can touch them up without having to dye all of your hair.I have purchased this a few times myself and it really works.A small comb comes with the root touch up and all you have to do is, use the small comb and just comb it over your roots only.It only takes a few minutes and you are done.Your hair is all the same color and no one will know the difference.Your hair is left with that same luster shine with no flaws.I would recommend this product to anyone.