Clarins Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil Reviews

Ranked #306 out of 644 in Anti-Age/Wrinkle Cream

March 08, 2017

I will start off by saying I have seen two versions of this face oil, one that is clear and one that is yellow, I'm stumped. Carrying on, there isn't a single thing I don't like about this oil. This face oil leaves my skin youthful looking, hydrated and overall bright and healthy-looking. I love the subtle, botanical scent of it, it's not floral at all, more 'herby'. You only need 1-2 drops and I find works best massaged into damp skin, like right out of the shower. I have used this day/night with no negative effect on my makeup. This and the fresh Seaberry Face Oil are my top faves. Definite recommend, and will repurchase if I ever get through the bottle.

February 28, 2017

I unfortunately could not stand the smell of this face oil. I wish I did not mind the smell, because I have heard great things about this oil, but I simply couldn't stand the smell which lingered on my face and hands for some time after application.

It is also very pricey ($56 CAD), and I think you can find other good face oils for less.

October 01, 2016

I bought this oil because i have dry skin and my makeup always look patchy. I put it on my face before foundation or i mixed it woth it if the foundation is oily, mostly in winter but i don't use it in summer because my skin is less dry and i don't trust putting oil on my skin with hot summer sun i feel like i'm deep frying my skin.. anyway i love love love this oil it's soo moisturizing and smell wonderfull. It's pricy but woth every penny. It will last long because you only need a small drop for full face.

February 12, 2016

The smell is great but that's the only thing nice I can really say about it. Do not waste your money buying this product. I've bought cheaper stuff that has worked much better than this.

January 14, 2016

First, I mix a few drops into my hands and warm it up. The aromatherapy aspect of this oil is so lovely. You don’t need much and Its packaging is perfect. Using a dropper is a major plus to me so I can control how much I use. I then mix it with my moisturizer and pat gently onto my forehead, cheeks chin and neck. There is no need to rub anything in. It gently absorbs itself onto my face and leaves a certain radiance – a Glow.

November 30, 2015

One of my favorite skin care products out there. Works miracles on my super dry facial skin and smells so nice.
    I use it twice a day on its own, but you can mix few drops in your serum or moisturizer.

August 03, 2015

This was such a treat for my skin. It was an absolute luxury item. The smell is a bit strong, but it left my skin glowing. Definitely on my wish list!

April 24, 2015

As a facial oil it works great. I recommend the following routine: a good cleansing session, exfoliation of skin to remove dead cells, steaming the face to soften the skin and open pores, then warm a few drops of the oil in the palm of your hands, gently massage your face so the oil is absorbed. You'll find your skin so soft and supple the next morning.

This facial oil is very strongly scented, which, depending on personal preference, could be a pro or a con.

The major ingredient is hazelnut oil, which isn't expensive. Although it also includes other fancy pure plant extracts and essential oils, I find it hard to justify the price.

March 31, 2015

Works very well to make dehydrated skin feel smooth and plump again! A bottle lasted lasted over 6 months for me even with daily use, so it's well worth the price!

September 08, 2014

I love this product, i use it once a week to control my T zone oils. Oil actually can help reduce oil, really. Give it a try, i love the smell, so earthy and my face feels so plump after