Clean and Clear Advantage Blackhead Eraser Exfoliating Cleanser Reviews

Ranked #371 out of 417 in Acne Treatment

The CLEAN & CLEAR Advantage Blackhead Eraser Exfoliating Cleanser is a water-resistant, battery-operated, hand-held applicator that reduces blackheads and helps prevent new ones from forming. The starter kit includes single use pads that are lightly textured and formulated with our exclusive blackhead dissolving serum. The serum contains a breakthrough oil-dissolving technology.

October 20, 2016

I'm not sure about this product. I've been using it for months and it seems I have more blackheads than I began with. However, I'm not using it 3 times daily like recommended because I'm worried it will dry out my skin. I don't think there's a way around this, so it would help if the pack added moisture to your skin as well.

June 24, 2016

I like that this has the little scrubbing spots inside of it. I prefer to use it as a mask to refresh my skin as opposed to a daily scrub. I have an issue with black heads and this definitely loosens them up and gets things moving.

January 26, 2016

I use this products 3 times and week and i t makes my face feel so clean and it works getting rid of my blackheads I'm 51 and just started getting acne grrrrr, but this is definitely the products to use to battle blacheads

1.5/5

February 18, 2014

Good exfoliate but does not get rid of blackheads

July 29, 2010

I used this product every second day until all the pads were gone and still had the same amount of blackheads. It was useless and the eraser was too large for the nose area.

May 24, 2010

This is a refill product that goes with the Clean and Clear Advantage Blackhead Eraser Exfoliating Cleanser. Through the generosity of ChickAdvisor and Johnson and Johnson, I was able to test out this refill product. You have to buy the separate cleanser. The cleanser itself is a battery operated device that vibrates, while the pads (the refill pack) is suppose to cleanse deep down into your pores and remove dead skin cells, thereby reducing blackheads.

When I first tested this out, I was afraid that the vibrating motion would be too much for the delicate skin on the face. However soon after I could see how the product worked. It's like a facial massage and cleaning out your pores at the same time!

In the beginning I felt like the product was really doing it's job. My skin did look clearer and I had a nice glow! My pores even appeared a little smaller. However, overtime I felt like it was too much for my skin. It felt too sensitive for everyday use.

Final verdict? This does work pretty well, but only initially. Overtime it made my skin more sensitive. It is expensive as you have to buy the cleanser, batteries and the pads and so it adds up. I do think that other scrubs work just as well without having to use the device. Over time it ended up sitting on my bathroom shelf and not being used at all.

1.5/5

March 12, 2010

does not remove blackheads. have used this several times over the last ten days and have not noticed a difference in blackheads or clogged pores. it does make my skin a little bit softer after using but not worth the mess and the time spent to use this product

September 10, 2009

I was really excited to get this product. It looked so cool, and usually clean and clear isn't that bad of a product. When I tried this product, it was soooooo messy! My hands were dripping with water mixed with their cleanser thing in their pads. Blackheads are normally on someones nose, so when I was going on about it, it dripped on my lips into my mouth. It was a horrible taste!

I wanted to give it another chance, I thought maybe I used too much water, again and again I tried different ways to use it... all times went wrong.

Turning it off was hard as well... your hands are all slippery and to turn it off is at the bottom of the instrument and you have to turn it... it has no grip on it so it makes it hard to turn off.

June 24, 2009

I got this from the lovely people at RPR and it took me awhile to use it. I'm usually not too keen on introducing batteries to my beauty regime, however this feels like a mini massage for your face so I like it! I've only used it a few times and I do notice that my skin looks glowing and refreshed after use. I like using it over areas like my nose that are harder to do a deep pore clean. I tend to break out on my chin so I'll see over the next few weeks how this handles that area.