Clinique Acne Solutions Spot Treatment Gel Reviews

Ranked #9 out of 417 in Acne Treatment

Clinique Acne Solutions Spot Healing Gel Salicylic Acid Acne Medication 0.5 fl oz

Fast-drying clear gel helps reduce blemishes and promote healing. Soothes visible redness, irritation. Invisible under or over makeup. Allergy Tested. 100% Fragrance Free.

Directions: Cleanse skin throughly before applying. Apply a thin layer to the blemish daily. Gradually increase to 2 or 3 times daily, if needed or as directed by a doctor. If bothersome dryness or peeling occurs, reduce application to every other day.

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 1.0%

Purpose: Acne Treatment

Uses: Treats acne; Clears acne blemishes; Helps prevent development of new acne blemishes.

November 18, 2016

No, no, no... I used this for my mild acne after I had a reaction to a medication I had to take. It did very little to clear up my oily, forehead acne. I was disappointed, and the cost of it is ridiculous! $20 for a super, duper tiny bottle!

November 07, 2016

I am breaking out pretty bad all over my face lately. I know I have to change something on my diet.
This is a quick solution to breakouts. You only need a little and it dries up really fast. I see results overnight. sorry to be graphic but it really works well on small zits that are ready to pop. it definitely dries it all up in just matter of hours. I have tried using a natural remedy like tea tree oil and lavender oil on my acne breakouts and all it did was dry up my skin and caused scarring too and little dark patches. This Clinique Acne clearing gel worked ever so perfect for me.

There is no scent. Having salicylic acid as an ingredient, it might be too strong for other people and they might feel a little bit of tingle. I have a very sensitive skin and it's not so harsh on my skin. I was scared at using it at first because I knew it might sting a little and might make things worst.

I definitely recommend it!

September 29, 2016

I really love the Clinique Acne Solutions Spot Treatment Gel as it has no fragrance. My sensitive skin often reactions to spot treatments because they put fragrance in them, this however has no scent, thank goodness. I use this gel at nice as it does create a shiny film on the spot and products tend to work better when your body is getting rest. It does sting a little as it does contain 1% salicylic acid although it would be better if it contained 2% like European acne products. 1% isn't quite enough and salicylic acid is safe to use in skin at 2% concentration. This gel helps to penetrate acne spots and bring them up to the surface faster and heal the skin quicker. I will continue to use it as it does what it says, just remember to moisturizer and wear sunscreen and don't over do it as it is drying. Then only downside is the price the largest bottle which is still small costs about $34 however it should last you a decent length of time as you don't need very much.

August 14, 2016

I recently tried this on small fresh bumps on my face and it seems to work. It helps heal and stop my small breakout so far. It is a small bottle so you have to use it sparingly and especially for the price (approx. $30 per bottle). But I do have sensitive, oily skin and I get hormonal break-outs. It does have that usual spot treatment smell and it does tingle a bit when you use it but you can wear it under make up to help stop the breakout. Also it hasn't caused dryness when I use it on my skin which is a plus. I have used other brands that are harsh on my skin so it irritates the acne more but I found that this hasn't done that.

I will post another review once I've been able to try it for a longer period if anything changes.

July 02, 2016

I originally went into Sephora to purchase a different spot treatment but when I got looking at this one I changed my mind instantly. The first time I used it, I didn't find it did too much. But once I used it the second and third time I found it shrunk my pimples and also coated them so they were easier to conceal with makeup. I find the scent of this a bit pungent... like I hold my breath when I use it around my nose because it stinks so bad lol. It works best on newly formed pimples, as it doesn't do much for day or two old ones. I'd probably buy this again, I just wish it dried them out more..

June 17, 2016

I purchased this product on a whim last week because I suddenly starting breaking out in clusters all along my jawline. Usually, I don't break out as bad as this, so I didn't have any products at home to treat it. I was freaking out because I didn't know what to do about all these mountains on my face! But low and behold, lucky for me, I had this sample in my drawer from a couple months back when I received it with a Sephora order and I am SO happy and grateful that I discovered this product.

When I initially applied it onto my skin, the alcohol smell was extremely strong, so those with sensitive skin/smell might not appreciate that, but personally I wasn't bothered by it. It only has 1% salicylic acid in it so I didn't know what to expect, since I usually use 2% salicylic acid to treat any bumps that appear but this product worked like a CHARM. Within 3 days, the cluster of pimples on my jawline disappeared and now my skin is back to normal! This product contains witch hazel as well, so that may make up for the low concentration of salicylic acid and would explain why this product seems to be a gift from heaven. I immediately went to purchase the larger size ($32 for 1 oz. which is unfortunately pretty expensive) and I will never look back.

Definitely RECOMMEND this product to fight stubborn acne and get rid of it within 72 hours!

March 12, 2016

Pretty average product. If you only get super tiny pimples, but would be great for you. Anything larger than it's not effective enough. I much prefer the Murad spot treatment.

March 09, 2016

I tried this a few months ago and was very disappointed. I had heard great things about this Clinique line but it did not work for me. I started with every other day to get my skin used to the product and that was still too much. There is to much alcohol in the product and all it did was dry me out and make me red!

March 08, 2016

I like it because it's not sticky and other reason is it is scent free. when I used it first time, I could see the difference in couple of weeks. It's great.

February 22, 2016

I just started using this product a few weeks ago. I was a bit skeptical to buy it due to the price, but am so glad I did, it's worth every penny. A tiny amount is all you need and it makes a huge difference. I have felt the start of a blemish, applied this and then it's gone by the next day.

Sandra Ribeiro has posted in the forum topic
Chick Advisor cosmetic Bag

wendyroy has posted in the forum topic
Stitches

wendyroy has posted in the forum topic
Checkout 51

indykat has posted in the forum topic
Free trip...where would you go?