Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey Reviews

Ranked #783 out of 1020 in Lipstick

Clinique Almost Lipstick - Black Honey. Not quite lipstick, not quite lip gloss but works like a little of each. Looks sleek, moist. Sheer non-stain shades....

September 29, 2016

This is a makeup staple! I have very fair skin however it contains yellow tones and it looks great on me. It's provides a nice wash of colour that isn't heavy looking like a matte lipstick but isn't glossy like a lipgloss, its like a tinted lip balm but tinted enough you can actually see it. There is zero fragrance however I wouldn't mind if it did. I wish it did leave a tint behind because it needs to be reapplied more often than not. It's a great product for lazy days when you don't want to commit yourself to doing an hour of makeup but still want some color. This is a color that looks different on everyone's lips as pigmentation in lips varies from person to person, but it works well with every skintone. It's a bit pricey at $18 for a tube but its a great color so for that I will continue to buy it.

August 01, 2016

This is my go-to lipstick for the day or the night! It shows up a little bit differently on everyone and that is what makes it so great. I always keep this in my purse for a quick touch up.

June 08, 2016

I first received this as a sample from Clinique many, many years ago. I have been buying it ever since. It is my everyday lipstick. I like that it goes on sheer and makes my lips feel soft. I know other women who wear it and it compliments all of our skin tones. The slim packaging makes it easy to carry around for quick touch-ups.

February 11, 2015

This is a great combo of both lipstick and lip balm. It adds a darker tint to the lips without being too overpowering and doesn't dry them out. It also helps that there is no added fragrance in this formula.

September 13, 2014

I love the concept of having a sheer, natural, workable lipstick and while I like the colour, I'm not in love with it. Its kind of a berry shade and a little too pink for my taste and I don't think that its really a shade that would look good on everyone so try it out first before buying it. However, I do think for the general public most girls would probably dig it. I would be really interested to see them come out with other neutral shades, since one huge bonus of this lipstick is how good it feels on. I'm someone who doesn't normally like the sticky feeling of lipgloss or the dry feeling some lipsticks have so I'm happy with the feeling of black honey on.

July 02, 2012

After years of hearing/ reading beauty gurus singing the praises of Clinique's black honey, and seeing it sold out of Clinique counters, I finally stumbled upon it while in line at Sephora. (Curse them and their effective impluse buy bins. Anyone who has stood in line at Sephora knows what I'm talking about)
Black honey is a colour that is touted as being appropriate for any skin tone. Aside from lip plumping glosses that bring a flush to my lips or very neutral glosses, I don't like wearing a lot of colour on my lips because I find it doesn't look natural. When you look at the colour in the tube it appears garish, almost something you'd buy for halloween and never again use. However, on my lips it adds a natural berry stain with buildable intensity. Almost lipstick isn't sticky, or heavy and has a nice sheen (that is constant regardless of how much you put on). It isn't very long lasting, but it doesn't bleed or make my lips feel or look dry.
The only criticism I have is that the lipstick doesn't twist back into the tube; I have to give it a little push down after application so the product doesn't extend above the edge and get smooshed by the cap.
Day to day I use Smashbox O-plump but, when I'm not at work, and want a little more kick this easily became my staple product.

June 21, 2012

I stumbled upon this one at Sephora and fell in love!
The colour is sheer but still visible and it's a perfect tone for me because of it's slightly blue undertones which make my teeth look whiter.
I tried it in store and decided to wait and see how I like it, how long it will last, etc.
I forgot I was wearing any lip colour (which is amazing because I hate the feeling of lipstick/lipgloss on my lips) and to my surprise saw a ring of colour on my coffee cup about 4 hours later. I just knew I had to pick it up.
Love the sleek tube design, the fragrance free formula and the moisturizing for hours effect.

April 25, 2012

I hate to be a nay-sayer for one of the most highly recommended lip products, but I totally don't think this is a universally flattering colour. Clinique promotes it that way, but I've tried this off and on since high school, and I sitll don't like how it looks on me 10 years later.

The packaging is pretty and I like the texture. However, I don't find this adds a long lasting enough color and it doesn't offer the nice shine of a gloss. I guess that's why it's called "almost lipstick", but I don't really get the point - I either want the rich creaminess of a lipstick, or I want the glossy look. This weird in-between product just doesn't have a place in my wardrobe. The black honey color also looks strange on my Asian skin tone. It's not flattering even though I normally can pull off berry and wine colors well.

Thankfully my mother likes it so she gets to benefit from my off-an-on attempts with this color over the years!

December 11, 2010

This is really great stuff. I have tried numerous lip stains before, but this, I have to say, is one of the best. Black Honey gives my lips such a natural colour -- like I just bit my lips for 15 minutes straight. It goes on like butter and keeps my lips hydrated. And at less than $20 CAD a pop, you just can't go wrong.

August 10, 2010

This is my all time favorite product. I have been using it for 10 years! The Black Honey color is very flattering and compliments any skin tone. It goes on smooth and evenly. Unlike cheaper sheer lipsticks, this Almost Lipstick is not sticky at all. And the product itself last a long time.

jessiekohut added a new review for
NARS Blush in Orgasm

jessiekohut added a new review for
Milkbone Brushing Chews

lorih added a new review for
Pedigree DentaStix Dog Treats

xoliana has posted in the forum topic
Beauty Products

jennieMB added a new review for
Ziploc Space Bags

TiaQ has posted in the forum topic
free perfume sample!