Conair Testarossa Hair Dryer Reviews

Ranked #1803 out of 2161 in Hair Care

July 23, 2016

I don't use a hair dryer daily because I have curly, frizzy hair and that's a big no no. BUT I do use it occasionally. I've had my Conair since I was around 10 or 11 (8-9 years) and it's still going strong!

February 02, 2014

I like this dryer for when I dry my hair before straightening. I was excited to find a dryer with a diffuser attachment, but the air setting is too high on the low setting. To diffuse curly hair properly, you require low air and high heat. There are 3 heat settings, but only 2 air settings. The "low" setting is still too high, and creates frizz. Very disappointed in this dryer when using to wear my hair natural.

August 23, 2013

Just like Aspasia, if i had written my review when I first got the dryer, I would have written a praising 5 star review. But I also had sparks in the barrel of the hair dryer this morning after I had been using the dryer on a low setting and high heat for about 3 minutes. No way I'm putting that thing near my head ever again! Scary stuff!

July 20, 2012

If I had written a review about this hair dryer 6 months ago, I would have written a glowing review, but now (1.5 years after I bought this hair dryer) my opinion has drastically changed.

I used this hair dryer for a full year with no problems. It was just the right size and weight, and it dried my hair quickly. I loved using the diffuser attachment to get great volume. A few months ago, the heat started to cut out. I always use it on High heat and High speed, but suddenly the heat was cutting in and out on its own. It wasn't because it was overheating as it would start doing this within the first 30-45 seconds of the dryer being on. I tolerated this for a while even though it slowed down my hair drying time. Then one day I noticed that when it was switching between hot and cold on its own, it was also sparking inside the dryer (I could see flashes inside the dryer in the mirror). Finally yesterday when it sparked I smelled a burning smell. I thought it was just hair on the brush, but after looking more closely I realized it had singed off a chunk, yes a chunk, of my hair... My hair is down to my mid back and now I have a chunk, about 2 cm wide, near the front of my head (thankfully still covered by hair because of where I part my hair), that is 1/4" long and singed orange. I consider myself very lucky that this hair dryer didn't burn my scalp, or set my whole head on fire...

If you are considering this hair dryer, don't! If you have this hair dryer, stop using it before this (or worse) happens to you!

January 20, 2011

This hair dryer is only a month old, but so far so good. Hopefully it doesn't die on me like Ali's Conair (http://www.chickadvisor.com/item/conair-1875-chrome-turbo-styler-blowdryer/), but will of course update this if it does.

So far, I love this dryer! First of all, it looks so sexy in the shiny red! But of course, let's talk about its effectiveness. It's not the lightest, even though on the packaging it says it's 20% lighter. However, it doesn't bother me since it is a lot faster at drying the hair so I don't have to hold it for so long. It's an ionic dryer, which means that it's supposed to be good for preventing frizzy hair. I do notice that my hair is smoother after using this. Comes with 2 attachments, both of which just snap onto the mouth of the dyer - pretty standard. Seems to hook on pretty well. Heat settings are good. Not too hot in the hottest setting. Speed settings are fine as well. Low is not too slow and high is not too strong.

Overall, I really like it, mainly because it's very powerful and dries hair quickly. Had the option of getting a cheaper Conair one instead, but decided I like this one too much. Get it at Costco! Easy return if it breaks down on you. Besides, it does come with a 5-year warranty.