Coraline (3D Blu-ray Combo)

Coraline (3D Blu-ray Combo) Reviews

Ranked #630 out of 973 in DVD

January 21, 2016

I am a huge fan of Tim Burton.
This film was quite creepy, like other Burton stories.
The animation was well done.
Not a great movie for young kids but I enjoyed it.

January 21, 2016

Gorgeous, whimsical animation! This is a perfect film adaption of Neil Gaiman's book.

April 10, 2015

This movie was incredibly creepy. To be fair, they tamed it down quite a bit from the books, but it is still creepy nonetheless. This is definitely not one for younger kids. It deals with some more serious themes as well.
The animation is very well done and the story is very interesting.

September 17, 2014

Found this an extremely enjoyable film. The animation is superbly done- you can't go wrong with Tim Burton. I found it compelling and quite different. I can see how kids might be turned off my it- it's more of an adult themed movie.

July 23, 2014

My daughter was 8 and found this to be very frightening. She walked out of the room and said it was 'inappropriate'. We did not finish it, it was quite dark and depressing. It's a genre that you would have to already enjoy, that appeals to you. We prefer bright happy movies.

July 23, 2014

I was not interested at all by this movie but a friend said it was really good and it's true! I couldn't even pause it to go to the bathroom! And my 3 years old like it too!

July 23, 2014

First seen it on either tv or dvd. It's a cute movie, I liked it a lot.

What do you think, have you seen it?

July 03, 2014

I really liked this movie. When I first saw it in the theatre with my daughter and the needle came at us in 3D, she shouted "they're trying to kill me!!!". Great stop motion animation. Repeatability. The old adage of being careful of what you wish for is true in this movie. Coraline is very bored in her real life and goes exploring through a doorway after being tempted by a doll which looks very much like her. Through the doorway, Coraline discovers an alternate reality where her 'mother' is perfect and always knows exactly what Coraline wants just as she wants it. It turns out that Coraline's 'other Mother' is really a Beldam (witch) who had previously stolen children in a quest to be loved. Might be scary for the younger viewers. Lots of dark imagery.