Cover FX Setting Fx Translucent Loose Mineral Powder

Cover FX Setting Fx Translucent Loose Mineral Powder Reviews

Ranked #249 out of 333 in Powder

Editor's Note: Product is now discontinued.

Cover FX - Dermatologists 1st Choice for Flawless Looking Skin Winners of the Fashion Tribes Best of 2009 Editor Fave Awards This loose mineral powder is formulated to set and extend the wear of Cover FX Foundations and concealers. Contains light diffusing minerals to make skin appear smooth and radiant. Benefits: Suitable for all skin types and most skin tones. Sets cream and liquid foundations to a perfect finish. Prevents foundation product and colour transfer.

November 20, 2016

I found this on clearout at Shoppers and I really like it. I wear tinted moisturizer but find that it doesn't stay put very well. I sprinkle a bit of this overtop and voila! It stays put all day. I have a tendency to sweat a bit (gross, I know) and my makeup usually melts. This really slow down the melting process. It doesn't bother my sensitive skin at all (rare for a powder) and with how little you have to use, this tub will last forever.

October 18, 2016

I will start by saying I have never tried the laura mercier setting powder but I also have never felt the need to buy it since I have this! I have very terrible creasing underneath my eyes and this powder locks everything in. Best of all I don't see a visual difference between the laura mercier and its atleast $10 cheaper.

May 04, 2015

For awhile loose powder wasn't easily available and this was suggested to me because I find pressed powder doesn't go on as lightly as I'd like. I see now that this is discontinued so fortunately I've found an ELF product I like just as well for a 1/3 of the price. As a loose powder this worked find, but at over $30 a jar I found it expensive, although it did last. I didn't notice anything particularly special about the product, but I wasn't specifically looking to reduce shine or the like.

April 13, 2012

This product works really well!
I use it over my foundation to help control any 'extra shine'.
It's translucent so it works with any skin colour without leaving a 'powdery' look.
It's definitely an expensive product but you need to use very little of it so it lasts for a long time.
My only complaint is that whenever I open the cover to use it, I end up losing powder everywhere. :/
It's very messy.
Great product though!

March 22, 2011

I love this stuff!!!

April 09, 2010

I love this powder. It is so easy to use and does not make me look like I have makeup on at all. It is a very good compliment to the foundation and sets it very well. I love the fact that is works so well on my sensitive skin.

Although it is a little pricy, it lasts forever cuz you only need a little at a time! Although I find that the design could be updated, I find that I lose too much from it falling out when I take the cap off.

Overall, this stuff is amazing and provides excellent coverage and lasts all day. I love it!!!

April 05, 2010

The Setting Fx Translucent Powder from Cover Fx is a great addition to any foundation routine. It was recommended to me by a cosmetologist since I have rosacea prone sensitive skin. This product is so gentle on the skin and you hardly feel as though you have put it on. The powder is very finely milled which blends into the skin seamlessly. You can hardly tell that you have powdered your face and it will certainly not settle into fine lines. The setting powder is oil free and non-comedogenic, so it will not clog pores. Great for oily and sensitive skin.

The price is pretty expensive (approximately $35), but it will last you a lifetime! The jar is pretty big and all you need is a little dab of the brush. Just make sure to tap the excess off. This will be enough to set your cream or liquid foundation. The powder comes in many shades, so it will be very easy to match one to your skin tone.

The only negative aspect to this product is that when you open the cap, the powder can fall out. I suggest tapping the cap prior to opening it so that any powder that has settled in it can fall back into the sifter.