CoverGirl ShineBlast Lip Gloss Reviews

Ranked #524 out of 655 in Lip Gloss

Light reflecting shimmer layered under a high-gloss finish gives you 4x more noticeable shine. Plus, our breakthrough applicator, the ShineSculpt, hugs the curves of your lips for a sculpted shimmer behind the shine.

May 11, 2015

Too sheer for me and doesn't last very long. Go for better quality product

February 24, 2015

best gloss ive used in a while!

September 10, 2014

I absolutely love this gloss!! It goes on smooth and lasts for hours!

August 26, 2012

i won this lipgloss in a contest,i don't wear lipgloss normally. this covergirl shineblast gives me a nice glossy shine, and i like the light (fruity?) smell of it BUUUUT it feels so sticky on my lips, i don't like that at all.it's eeewwwwww. is lipgloss supposed to be this sticky?(if yes, i know why i don't use it normally). there also isn;t much color on my lips is mostly clear with a little tiny shimmer in it. i'm glad i won this and didn't waste my money on it. that's one covergirl product i don't like and not recommend at all.

April 09, 2011

I bought this lip gloss because I was looking for a really shiny effect. I did not find what I was looking for in this lip gloss. The smell is divine but there is hardly any color payoff and it does not last. It doesn't dry out my lips and the wand applicator is nice but doesn't justify the purchase of the product. I would not recommend this.

1.5/5

July 08, 2010

Probably one of the worst products I've ever purchased. Like many others I saw it on Drew Barrymore in a magazine and just had to get it! I think I paid $10 (more actually) at SDM.. which in my opinion is alot for a lipgloss:/. Sure, it's not sticky...but the staying power sucks. I put it on in the morning and by the time I get to school (30mins) its gone! The fact that theres no pigmentation doesnt really bother me. I was going to purchase Fire (color Drew Barrymore was wearing:P) but I figured it would look horrible on my skin, but with the fact that theres no pigmentation it really wouldn't have mattered.. Oh, well, When I run it I will probably go back to what used to my fave NYC or maybe I'll try Maybelline..not too sure:P

June 11, 2010

I also bought this after seeing it plastered in this Summer's latest magazines. I bought it because the applicator was a focus and I really want to start bringing lip colour into my beauty regimen (I currently use lip chap and sheer, skin-toned lip gloss)
I bought #850 for $9 at the drugstore and was really disappointed when there was literally no colour that showed up.
The tube is really small and the applicator really made no difference to me. I'd say skip this and head to MAC: for an extra few bucks you can buy a larger, more effective (nice smelling, too) product.

May 20, 2010

I bought several of these after seeing the commerical with Drew Barrymore in it. I know advertisting can be misleading, but the commerical really made it seem like you would get some color pay-off from these glosses. Well that was a boldface lie!!! I bought several different colors and none of them show any color. They are great for shine and are not too sticky, but don't purchase these if your expecting to get the color in the tube to show up on your lips.

Also, they are kind of expensive at 8.99 a pop. There are a ton of other brands out there who offer color, shine and an inexpensive price.

February 05, 2010

I received this lip gloss to review from Cover Girl. For a drugstore brand, I was surprised to find out it retails for a high price of $9. At that price, it's not worth it. The tube is also quite small.

I don't have any complaints about the lip gloss itself. Its fruity smell is quite pleasant and it doesn't stick. Also, when you remove the wand from the tube, just the right amount of gloss appears on the wand, and soon on your lips.

So if those are some factors that make a lip gloss great for you, this is something you may want to try. As for me, I'll keep searching.