CoverGirl Smokey Shadowblast Reviews

Ranked #800 out of 1114 in Eye Shadow

Smoky ShadowBlast is a smoky eye tool & makeup artist all in one brilliant shadow stick

October 21, 2015

I was really excited when I got this product because I though what a simple way to get a smoky eye but I was really disappointed with the results. I couldn't get the two colors (I got the white/silver and gray/black) to blend, and only a few hours, the color was gone except for a crease on my eyelid. I prefer to use powder eyeshadow to do smoky eye, the result is much better and last a lot longer.

March 21, 2015

This stuff is amazing because I have blue eyes and I like to make them pop by using the brown eyeshadows and this eye shadow works like a dream!

January 27, 2015

I loved this product!! Was simple to use with bold impact!!

December 06, 2012

This was terrible. I bought the one with the black shadow at one end and white shimmer on the other. I like to use the black shadow sticks as a base for my eyeshadows so it can be more intense and smokey. Not only did this BREAK within a few uses, but it left weird smudges on my lids. It was not blendable OR opaque enough. Not impressed and will not repurchase.

March 14, 2012

I tried the product and I wear make every day and I use Covergirl as well as other companies. The application was very simply and fast which is awesome. I wore the make up all day then removed it at night, the next day I woke up and could barely open my eyes they were so swollen and red. I don't have any allergies to make up and had some kind of reaction to this product. A week after my reaction, my skin has actually became so dry from the reaction is cracking and bleeding, it's very irritated and sore.

January 07, 2012

This product is easy to use, even if your not wanting to achieve the smokey effect.

July 31, 2011

I have green hazel eyes and I LOVED the colour combo called 'citrus flair'. This is a perfect set of colours for the summer for me, though I am not even trying to do a smokey eye. I love the eye-brightening citrus green along my lash line for day time - makes my eyes pop. And for a more sexy subtle colour, the bronze is great... again it highlights the gold in my eyes.I have problems with the lack of staying power and I am not in love with the more greasy feel of the shadow. I would recommend it only for the great colour combo

March 02, 2011

I like this product. It's not amazing but it gets the job done. It cuts my make-up time in half.

January 04, 2011

After seeing the commercials, I was excited to try this and use it for a special occasion I had coming up. It looked simple enough to use, so I thought it was going to be an awesome product. I was wrong. Even after following the instructions exactly on the package, I couldn't get the two colors (I got the white/silver and gray/black) to blend, and after an hour, the color was gone except for a crease on my eyelid. If there was a tip guide and it had a longer lasting formula, it would be a good product, but for me it failed on what I needed it to do. I have used other powder eye shadows for a smokey eye and turned out wonderfully, so I will just stick to those unless the ShadowBlast makes some serious changes.

December 13, 2010

When I saw the ads on TV I was really excited - it seemed like a one-stop shop for a smoky eye effect. I tried the golden-brown combination because no other choice would go well with green eyes. My excitement melted away as soon as I got home and tried the product. The crayon-style applicators seemed too hard/dry and you need to press really hard to get something out of it. If you try it with a primer - the product just glides on your eye lid without any effect. The colour goes on uneven, and the brown that comes with the gold is actually very ugly. Another thing I hate about CG products in general (like eyeliners, etc) is that the plastic cap breaks almost right away and fails to stay on - multiple times I had accidents in my purse because of this. Oh well, I tried the shadowblast 2 or 3 times without ever stepping outside with it on, kept it in my "old but hopefully I'll use it again makeup" pouch for a couple months, and yesterday retired it with a sigh into a garbage bin - what a waste of around $10 after-tax