CoverGirl Smoothers All Day Hydrating Makeup Reviews

Ranked #379 out of 595 in Foundation

Continually hydrates skin for 11 hours, helping skin look smooth and naturally beautiful. Fragrance free. Won't clog pores. Dermatologically tested. Made in USA.

May 30, 2016

Not much coverage and doesn't build well but it did help tone down redness and even out my skin. Works well on days I don't want to wear full makeup.Strangely, I have trouble applying it with a sponge. I tried three sponges and they all soaked up most of the liquid before I could get an even coverage so it ended up looking splotchy. I use my fingers now, then buff it out with a buffing brush.

It doesn't last a full day but I can get 8-10 hours out of it without a heavy primer. With a heavy primer, I have got a full 15 hours out of it. I do notice some oxidation after a few hours though. It's not a big shade difference, but on my pale skin, I did notice it. It can be a bit of a pain to remove. It takes a lot of rubbing to get it off with my makeup eraser, so I have to use a remover first to get most of it off.The plus side to that, is it holds up to sweating and transferring well.

The shade selection isn't great but because its somewhat sheer, its easy to make something work.

I did find it more hydrating that other foundations but only for a few hours. I still needed moisturizer underneath.

March 27, 2016

Love!!! I find in my case most foundation drys out my skin and makes me break out I have very sensitive skin and even the products that say they are for my type of skin make me brake out ...so I thought I would try something new ! I find this foundation very light and didn't make my skin brake out at all and I haven't had the flake dry skin I was getting before definitely worth a try it worked for me !!

March 14, 2016

I love love love this product so much!! Not only does it provide you with coverage but it is hydrating and doesn't feel cakey on the skin. I used it in place of foundation and especially recommend it for summer when you want to be feeling more fresh and natural but still need some coverage for redness.

February 10, 2016

It is easy to apply and goes on evenly.
gets rid of dry areas.
Evens out colour.
lasts all day.
non irritating.
natural looking radiance.
Lightweight.

October 09, 2015

I would recommend to someone who isn't interested in full coverage. I like covergirl but this product not so much!

November 28, 2011

I have loved this foundation for years. It does what I want and feels good on the skin. Wish they would design a better bottle tho, as when travelling, it tends to spurt out, wasting great amounts. Works best when sitting at home in an upright state. But I still buy and love it.

March 06, 2011

My favourite foundation! I have used this foundation for many years. Lots of shades to choose from. It covers up my redness and slight melasma mask from pregnancy hormones. My skin always looks beautiful and smooth, and the foundation lasts throughout the day.

July 08, 2010

This is one of the first foundations I ever used, when I started wearing it. I have really red skin, and wanted something to cover it that wouldn't break me out more... I have really pale skin, that is not pink or orange or red.. this foundation is definitely more on the pinky-orange side... It's really cakey. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone! Also, it fades really quickly!

April 22, 2009

I love this foundation and have used it for yrs. It is a bit more expensive up front, but as it lasts a good 6-8 mos (as you do not need to use a whole lot), it is worth the money paid. A little pea sized amt will cover the whole face nicely. It stays on most of the day and you can buy it in a color that will match every skin tone.

January 22, 2009

this foundation is great for light wear.