Daiya Dairy Free Cheddar Cheese Reviews

Ranked #1974 out of 2327 in Grocery

March 01, 2017

DAIYA IS LIFE. Thank you Daiya. Best vegan cheese on the market. I use it for nachos, on pasta, on burgers, in tacos. It's key to make it hot enough to melt, though. We always have at least two flavors of Daiya in the fridge.

September 05, 2016

I am dairy intolerant, so I really appreciate the Daiya products because they offer such a wide variety of dairy-free (and gluten-free) options. Having said that, their cheese is not my favourite.

This cheddar has a very strong, very sharp flavour to it. It doesn't really taste like any kind of real cheese I've had, and certainly takes some getting used to. I also find that it leaves a taste in your mouth afterwards.

The shelf life for this cheese is not very good. It says that it's best eaten within 7 days of opening the package, which I always do, but I find that it gets extremely wet. It's not mouldy, but it's just kind of off-putting.

This cheese tends to crumble and fall apart quite easily. It melts decently, but at the same time, it doesn't melt like a real cheese would.

I love other Daiya products, but this one is not for me.

August 16, 2016

As someone who has a dairy allergy this product is the best of its kind on the market. Tastes and smells good, actually melts. Soy-free which I love! I cannot wait to see and try more products by daiya!

1.5/5

August 08, 2016

I know some people love daiya cheese, but it doesn't sit well with me. As a vegan, finding a good cheese alternative is hard and this isn't one I would even consider. It melts weird and feels like wet rubber in my mouth. Not a fan.

April 05, 2016

I was so happy to find Daiya for a reasonable price! It has a strong cheddar taste so you just need a small sprinkle. I served it with vegan pasta and lentils and it melted in perfectly!

July 22, 2014

Love Daiya Shredded Cheese!

I am a vegan and this stuff melts, bubbles, and stretches just like real cheese. If you are looking for an equivalent to high end cheese you may be disappointed, but this is as good as if not better than the pre-shredded cheese you can get in the store.

I have served this to MANY non-vegans in many forms (mac and cheese, grilled cheese, nachos, etc) who were completely oblivious that there was no dairy in this!

July 19, 2014

Only if you can not eat soy this cheese would be an option. Tried it different ways and nothing improved the flavor.

Do you always wear ...

couponing

siffieee has posted in the forum topic
    Where's everyone from?

nyou.ca added a new review for
    Old Navy Flip Flops