Daiya Dairy-free Mozzarella Style Shreds
Amazing

Daiya Dairy-free Mozzarella Style Shreds Reviews

Ranked #32 out of 75 in Non-Dairy

January 04, 2017

I recently started switching my diet to a Vegan one. This was one of the first things I purchased because I am a cheese-aholic!
    Any kind of substitute I find is never gonna be quite as good as the original, but i most definitely wasn't disappointed. I think the only way to fully enjoy this product is when it's been melted. Like on pizza, grilled cheese sandwich, or in an omelette or something.
    I also was actually fairly pleased with the price point. Most bags of cheddar cheese that are slightly bigger are about the same price as this bag of "cheese." If you can get it on sale then it's pretty much same equivalent to a bag of normal shredded cheese.
    I also like their cheddar too.
    Recommend!

October 20, 2016

I purchased this to make home made pizzas. It didn't have the desired melting and stretching effect as advertised, but it did the trick to adding a creaminess to my pizza. It provided the cheese texture that I wanted for my pizza. I tried this on a sandwich however and did not like the taste whatsoever. For texture purposes it was fine, but for flavour, really not great. It also molded quickly and for the price I was disappointed.

September 05, 2016

This isn't as good as the pepperjack cheese, but it is nowhere near as bad as their cheddar. This is still a very edible option from Daiya.

This is a shredded mozzarella cheese which works well as a topping for various things, but I tend to use it on hone-made pizzas. It's absolutely not going to taste the same as real mozzarella, nor will it melt the same, but it's a workable substitute.

Just like their other shreds, this product will last a long time when kept frozen. I find that the mozzarella is a bit longer and thicker than the other varieties, so it takes a tiny bit longer to naturally defrost. If you're just making a pizza, you don't have to worry about that. Just take some out of the bag and sprinkle it. This crumbles quite a bit on my hands when I touch it, and it leaves a really greasy residue, so I always have to wash my hands really well.

Just like the cheddar, I find that there's a bit of an aftertaste with this, but it's not quite as bad. Still, if I find a better non-dairy mozzarella, I will probably switch brands.