Daiya Dairy-free Mozzarella Style Shreds

Daiya Dairy-free Mozzarella Style Shreds Reviews

Ranked #37 out of 72 in Non-Dairy

Taste

October 20, 2016

I purchased this to make home made pizzas. It didn't have the desired melting and stretching effect as advertised, but it did the trick to adding a creaminess to my pizza. It provided the cheese texture that I wanted for my pizza. I tried this on a sandwich however and did not like the taste whatsoever. For texture purposes it was fine, but for flavour, really not great. It also molded quickly and for the price I was disappointed.

Taste

September 05, 2016

This isn't as good as the pepperjack cheese, but it is nowhere near as bad as their cheddar. This is still a very edible option from Daiya.

This is a shredded mozzarella cheese which works well as a topping for various things, but I tend to use it on hone-made pizzas. It's absolutely not going to taste the same as real mozzarella, nor will it melt the same, but it's a workable substitute.

Just like their other shreds, this product will last a long time when kept frozen. I find that the mozzarella is a bit longer and thicker than the other varieties, so it takes a tiny bit longer to naturally defrost. If you're just making a pizza, you don't have to worry about that. Just take some out of the bag and sprinkle it. This crumbles quite a bit on my hands when I touch it, and it leaves a really greasy residue, so I always have to wash my hands really well.

Just like the cheddar, I find that there's a bit of an aftertaste with this, but it's not quite as bad. Still, if I find a better non-dairy mozzarella, I will probably switch brands.