Dark Places by Gillian Flynn

Dark Places by Gillian Flynn Reviews

Ranked #469 out of 1001 in Books

March 31, 2016

I overall liked this book. It is pretty dark and graphic so if you aren't into that stuff, be waned. I found it a bit scary/creepy at times. It was definitely a page turner though and very suspenseful. I also enjoyed the style of writing she uses where she flips back and forth from past to present. I didn't love the ending (no spoilers) but overall I enjoyed reading it. I've also read Gone Girl from Gillian Flynn and I think I liked this just as much. I'm going to read her other book Sharp Objects next!

April 01, 2015

I won't lie, though this book came before Gone Girl, the hype around Gone Girl made it so that I read that one first....and then not long after I opened up Dark Places. I don't read a lot of fiction, and I really don't read a lot of mystery. I'm not sure what it is about Gillian Flynn, but she has such a knack for capturing her audience. This book kept me captivated and I could not put it down!! Movie to be released later this year too ;) I am hoping it will stay true to the book.