Delectable - Everything Balm by Cake Beauty
Good

Delectable - Everything Balm by Cake Beauty Reviews

Ranked #151 out of 1414 in Body Lotions & Creams

September 23, 2016

I received a sample of this, and I'm absolutely obsessed. It claims to have 'over 21 innovative uses' but I'd beg to differ. It's definitely versatile, but some of their suggestions are a bit out there. I actually use it on my cuticles, it's perfect! You only need a tiny, tiny amount (like the size of a piece of rice) and it'll do all 10 nails. It's also really nice as a lip balm or treatment, it leaves my lips moisturized and silky. It smells wonderful. It's a little on the pricey side, but I'd definitely recommend using it as a cuticle balm, you totally get your money's worth and then some.

July 18, 2016

I love this handy little tube, I keep it in my purse for "beauty emergencies". It claims to do "everything" and for the most part, it does and for 16$ at SDM it is worth picking up. It's filled with Vitamins A+B, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, and Coconut Oil which all work together to make this versatile product. It's texture is rich, smooth and silky with very minimal scent.
I have tried out most of it's claims :
- Nourishes Dry Elbows/Knees : Yes it does help but not as well as a cream or lotion would do and I wouldn't apply it often because the tube is so small.. you would waste all of your product - but it does work.
- Conditions Hands + Cuticles : This feels great on hands. It isn't slippery and I am able to write with a pen immediately after applying. My hands look shiny, hydrated and healthy and so do your cuticles. It looks like you have a dry oil on your cuticles, looks like you just received a professional manicure.
- Softens Heels : This definitely works. It's great to use just before wearing sandals or heels because it makes your skin look so smooth and soft. If you have any cracks or dryness on your heels this acts like a band aid to mask them. Tt doesn't make walking uncomfortable or slippery.
- Tames Brows : This is my favourite use for this product. It keeps my brows looking healthy while holding them in place. I prefer this over any brow wax or gel. It also seems to double as a "highlighter" under my brows to lift them. All the vitamins and ingredients in the product also help nourish and grow your brows which is a bonus.
- Gloss Lips/Plimp Out : This stuff feels great on your lips - smooth like silk. It also doesn't taste bad either or is sticky like most glosses. I didn't feel like it "plumped" my lips at all though, it just feels good on your lips and moisturizes them.
- Pop Cheekbones : Adds a little illumination and highlight, this stuff isn't pigmented and I prefer something with a little colour but it does blend in n well with makeup.
- Seals Split Ends/Smooth Frizz : It has Coconut Oil in it, so I knew this claim would be true. (Coconut Oil is amazing for Hair Care). I just put a little bit in my palms, rub my hands together and apply to my hair. It tames frizz and works like band aid on my dead ends. It spreads evenly through my hair quite easily and doesn't clump. I just would avoid applying it too close to your scalp because it can make your hair look greasy and dirty, also if you put too much.
- Brightens Dark Circles : This definitely brightens but not in a good way.. it seems to draw more attention to the dark circles. I wouldn't recommend using it for this purpose. It also feels quite heavy on your eye area because the product is a little bit thick in texture.
I've also read that this stuff can help soothe sunburns and relieve itch from bug bites but I do not get sunburns and I am also allergic to bug bites so I am very selective with what I apply to them so I wasn't able to try these.

Overall, it does pretty much everything it claims to do but like I said, I keep it for emergency purposes. I would still use your normal lipbalm/moisturizer because they do work better and again, the tube is small and you wouldn't want to use it daily because you'd run out of product very fast.