• Desert Essence Jojoba Oil
Good

Desert Essence Jojoba Oil Reviews

Ranked #885 out of 1412 in Body Lotions & Creams

For Hair, Skin & Scalp

Desert Essence Organic Jojoba Oil is a pure and natural plant extract, which will penetrate and moisturize your skin without leaving any oily residue.  This luxurious oil may be used to remove makeup and to cleanse clogged pores leaving the skin clean.  Soften your hands and feet by massaging them with Organic Jojoba Oil after bathing.  Treat your hair and scalp to a rejuvenating massage with Organic Jojoba Oil -- especially good for moisturizing the scalp and to help prevent dry skin or dandruff.  This makes it suitable for even the most sensitive skin.  May be used as a leave in hair treatment while in the sun or as an aftershave moisturizer.

Organically grown in accordance with the California Organic Foods Act of 1990.

No animal ingredients or testing.
No alcohol, artificial detergents, color or synthetic perfumes.

Desert Essence®

June 25, 2016

I love this product. It is so versatile. I have very dry skin and use it all the time on dry patches. In no time it smooths them out and make them unnoticeable. I also use in on my cuticles on my toes. Makes me more confident in sandals. I sometimes use it to shave my legs with. Very natural and gentle.

May 03, 2015

Great price for a great product! I use this as my daily moisturizer and my skin has been loving it! Very high quality, pure jojoba oil.

April 28, 2015

Great product! I use it on my face, hair and nails. Very moisturizing but not too oily.

October 22, 2014

Jojoba oil is one of the most popular "carrier oils" used in aromatherapy. It is the base to which a few drops a very potent essential oil (lavender, eucalyptus, peppermint, etc.) can be added for diluted use on the skin. It is less expensive than argan and is proven to very closely mimic the composition of our skin's natural oil. I would highly recommend picking some up if you are interested in experimenting with oil as a moisturizer.

May 19, 2014

I have been using this oil as a face moisturizer. I have combo skin and it works great without chemicals. It does have a natural scent, but I like the scent.

December 21, 2010

This is my miracle potion! I have combination skin and Desert Essence Jojoba Oil hydrates my skin without leaving it an oily mess. As a chick with incredibly acne prone skin (I'm cursed with sporadic adult acne), I was at first skeptical to slather oil on my face, but on a brave night I decided to use just the tiniest bit on my face and lone behold, the next morning I awoke to soft, hydrated, and no new pimples. I started regular usage after after about a month my skin was completely transformed! The texture of it improved tenfold, the ashiness and redness decreased, and surprisingly, I got absolutely no new pimples - in fact I find that using jojoba oil regularly PREVENTS new blemishes (I'm assuming the regular hydration stops my skin from overproducing oil). Honestly, if you only purchase one moisturizer this year, let it be Desert Essence Jojoba Oil.

I swear by this product and would recommend it to you all a hundred times over.

December 13, 2010

I've used this oil for the last 4 years. I've turned friends on to it. They now swear by it. I used to suffer from acne and severely dry skin and this was the only product that soothed both, the acne (yes, even thought it is an oil) and the dry skin. If I have a breakout, I'll put some on before bed and wake up with significantly better skin. A friend of mine tried it and went from wearing full coverage foundation to tinted moisturizer in a few months. Even she can't believe it.

I'm fairly low maintenance - I have a lot of products but barely use them. This is one I swear by. If you've tried everything and nothing's worked, try this. A bottle is only $14 and it'll last you over a year.

If you're looking for a more high end product that delivers similar results, try the Nuxe dry oil. It soaks right into the skin, leaving your skin primed for makeup without any greasiness.

January 28, 2010

I decided to try Jojoba Oil after hearing nothing but good things.

My main concern was putting OIL on my combination skin, but after doing a little research, I found that Jojoba isn't an oil at all. Its a wax that so closely mimics the natural oils (sebum) produced by our skin that our body is fooled into reducing its own oil output!

The results? After nearly 3 weeks of using this as my moisturizer (1 to 2 drops in the morning, 3 to 4 drops at night), my skin is supple, even-toned, devoid of the minor breakouts I used to get, and everyone is commenting on my glowing complexion.

Definitely worth a try!

Updated On: January 28, 2010

**Check out Desert Essence's website for 15 great ways to use Jojobo Oil:

February 25, 2009

this oil is great i use it in my hair and it makes it extreamly soft. I also use this as body oil and it dosen't dry up your skin at all.
i reccommend this for those you like oils and need something to smooth your skin. Its also great to mix with other natural oills(lavander, shea...)

July 07, 2008

What I like about this product:
First of all, I haven't really broken out since I started using this as my moisturizer even if it's that "time of the month" which is a plus since I'm acne-prone. And for the readers that have been reading my blog, ya'll know that I'm acne-prone and I usually get enormous, red, cystic pimples when they do decide to come out. Anyway, I initially bought this product to replace my Philosophy Hope in a Jar Moisturizer. Although Hope in a Jar worked out for me (and I loved it), I wasn't willing to shell out $40 for every time my jar runs empty and because I know there are cheaper alternatives out there that work just as well or maybe even better. And I'm so glad I found this product because it's such a huge savings for my dear pockets. Another good thing about this product is it's all natural. No chemicals, additives, or parabens. It's 100% pure Jojoba oil. So it's only the good stuff that's going on your face.

You also only need about 2-3 drops to moisturize (anything more than that can make your face look oily), so the 4 oz bottle will last you a long time. This product also some how manages to control oil on my face keeping it oil-slick free at the end of my long day.

What I don't like about this product:
The packaging could be better if it came in a bottle with a dropper. Since the product is in bottle with a pop-up cap, you might end up with more product in your hand than you hoped for. And if you put on a lot on your face, it will look too oily. It also has a slow drying time, so you might need a blow dryer to speed up the process if you're in a hurry. And for the people will oily lids, it will make your lids oilier! So try to avoid applying it around that area to prevent your eyeshadows from creasing if you do decide to use it.

Overall:
I think Desert Essence is a great product especially for summer. It's a light moisturizer and it won't clog your pores because it sinks through your skin; however the oil will require some drying time. It definitely has helped improved my skin that I rarely find the need to wear foundation at all. For those who might be skeptical in using this as their daytime moisturizer, try it out at night first for the whole week.