Differin XP

Differin XP Reviews

Ranked #354 out of 417 in Acne Treatment

Differin XP is used to treat common forms of acne, and works by reducing the number of acne-blocked oil glands and preventing its formation.
In about 4 to 8 weeks, an improvement in your acne can be seen.
Mostly purchased through prescription, ensure to consult your doctor before applying Differin XP.

February 01, 2013

REALLY excellent for acne-sufferers. You'll have to talk to your doctor to get a prescription, but it is totally worth it. I only use it occasionally now, but it's very effective for treating acne, and both blackheads and whiteheads.

April 03, 2012

I have been using this for about 7 months now - before I was using the regular Differin.
It has helped keep most of my acne at bay, but I still have blackheads - my whiteheads are gone though.
It is drying so a good moisturiser is needed. Overall, I would definitely recommend this product.

December 28, 2009

Been using this for years, has definitely helped my acne, though I do get small bumps occasionally.
Very drying when you first starting it, will subside if you use it regularly and use a good moisturizer. On 'aging' skin (i.e. anything over late 20s), can definitely cause irritation/dryness and even make you look like there's fine lines if you use it too close under your eyes or around the lips. I now only use it along jawline, chin and forehead.
Use with good moisturizer, and small quantities of quality make up (finally figured this out recently), it will probably help you too. Good luck!

December 10, 2008

My dermatoligist recommended this for me. It really worked great! It does dry out your skin though, and it does make your face more suseptable to getting a sunburn, so you should wear sunscreen if going outdoors. Other than that, it did what it was suppose to do, I recommend it to you!

March 08, 2008

This gel is prescribed by my dermatologist for getting rid of whiteheads & blackheads. It contains 0.3% adapalene, which is a retinoid. It clears pores of dead skin cells that accumulate over time, therefore preventing new pimples from forming. The 0.3% gel is a stronger formula, so it works faster to clear up the skin. It's been about 1 month since I started using it, and I still experience dryness. It had worked wonders on my skin in that whiteheads have really disappeared and the blackheads are slowly going away. Just like the clindoxyl, this also requires diligence. My skincare regimen had been: washing my face morning & night with a gentle cleanser (lancome cleansing gel), then using a toner (neostrata toning solution), clindoxyl in the morning, and differin xp at night. I've used this for 2.5 months, and my complexion is normal again!!! As in all CLEAR!!! So, I'd highly recommend that you speak with a dermatologist if your skin condition is really bothering you. Most of the time, your health insurance will cover at least 80% of the cost.