Good

1 review
Ranked #516 out of 595 in Foundation

April 01, 2011

Foundation
Okay, if you’ve read any of my reviews, this is where I rant about my pale, dry, sensitive and quite hard to color match skin. When it came time to find my color I was surprisingly at ease.. I could clearly see that “Alabaster” was too pink, which left me with “Vanilla” and “Olive Beige” which I mixed carefully to find my shade! The Dinair formula is very creamy and goes on matte with medium coverage. Comparing the two brands side by side I noticed that Dinair not only provides more coverage with less product use, but also feels smooth to the touch when dry. The Luminess foundation is much more watered down looking and has a rougher feel when dry. I should add that Dinairs foundation is much more forgiving on severely dry skin.

I am in no way an airbrush or even a makeup expert, but I do know one thing! comparing the Dinair and Luminess Fair color ranges was a very strange site. Here you can view swatches side by side.. see how much darker the Luminess is.. and very orange? Currently Dinair’s foundation line has eight more shades than Luminess, filling in those color gaps makes all the difference!