Disney's Frankenweenie Reviews

Ranked #857 out of 970 in DVD

July 15, 2015

As an avid Tim Burton fan I enjoyed this film very much. I haven't loved a lot of his newer work, but this one was adorable! I think because it was based off of one of his early short films it has that wonderfully creepy, yet whimsical Classic Tim Burton Feel.

April 13, 2015

I usually like Tim Burton movies, and Frankenweenie was no exception. I definitely wouldn't consider it a classic like Nightmare Before Christmas, but it was still pretty good. I get choked up whenever I think of my pets passing, so I can really empathize with the characters in this.

March 23, 2015

I'm a Tim Burton fan. Loved this movie!

September 19, 2014

I was crazy about the first half of this movie- adorable and imaginative- but the second half got ridiculously and just downright silly. What a letdown! Sensitive kids might be scared by this movie as well.

July 31, 2014

I really like Tim Burton movies. This one is pretty cute. Over all pretty good movie.

What do you think, have you seen it?

April 11, 2013

From Disney and creative genius Tim Burton (“Alice in Wonderland,” “The Nightmare Before Christmas”) comes the hilarious and offbeat “Frankenweenie,” a heartwarming tale about a boy and his dog. After unexpectedly losing his beloved dog Sparky, young Victor harnesses the power of science to bring his best friend back to life—with just a few minor adjustments. He tries to hide his home-sewn creation, but when Sparky gets out, Victor’s fellow students, teachers and the entire town learn that getting a new ‘leash on life’ can be monstrous.

MY REVIEW
We were pretty excited when we got the opportunity to watch, Frankenweenie. My daughter had already pretty much knew the entire movie because a couple of friends at school have been talking about it, but she was still excited to actually get to watch it. When we first sat down to watch it my son was the one who really paid attention to how the screen turned black and white. He got curious and it took him a bit to get the hang of the movie not being in color, but that quickly faded.

During the entire movie I found my kids enjoying every scene, they only screamed out a couple of times once Sparky got in an accident and a second time towards the end of the movie when the town tried to revive him once again. I really enjoyed this film. You can definitely tell it's a film from Tim Burton, I think by know everyone can tell his work. I loved how the movie had similarities to the real story of Frankenstein and how the dog, Sparky, got his Bride of Frankenstein, that was pretty cute.

My kids really enjoyed this movie and after it was over, rushed over to our dog, Izzie, telling her they hope nothing like that ever happens to her. This movie definitely shows you how much pets mean to us and if we had the chance to get our pets back after they passed a way, it would be hard not to want to do it.

Neuven added a new review for