Dove Clinical Protection Anti-perspirant

Dove Clinical Protection Anti-perspirant Reviews

Ranked #8 out of 196 in Deodorant/Anti-perspirant

New Dove Clinical Protection is our strongest form of underarm protection. The dermatologist tested formula, in our Original Clean scent, delivers prescription strength defense against wetness and contains moisturizers to care for delicate underarm skin.
Unlike leading prescription anti-perspirants/deodorants, Dove Clinical Protection Anti-perspirant does not inlcude aluminum chloride or alcohols which can cause skin irritation and discomfort. With all-day protection and exceptional skin care benefits, it is the ultimate combination of strength and beauty.
See their main website for more information at www.dove.ca

ADD REVIEW
ADD IMAGE
ADD TO COLLECTION

angelaj20
May 05, 2012

I have hyperhydrosis and before I was diagnosed with it, I had tried every thing out there. This didn't help at all with the sweat. I continued to sweat the same as I had done before. Drysol is the best out there and does wonders. Don't waste money on this and just get Drysol...last a long time!!

Jan 03, 2012

Once I reached my 30's, I realized I had a real sweating problem. I would sweat when I wasn't even hot ... just going from cold to warm temperatures, even just sitting down and not doing activity, I would be sweating and sweat right through my clothes. I tried this product and I no longer have to worry about sweat rings under my arm pits on my clothing. I would highly recommend this!

Ann Freele
Nov 29, 2011

I tried the Dove Clinical Protection over a month period. I definitely found the protection strength amazing, leaving me dry and comfortable. The only issue I had was applying at night, and not in the morning when getting ready for work. It really through off my routine. As well, I had to re-apply after after workout shower...not unlike normal anti-perspirant. Over all, I liked the product, but the price is a slight deterant

TracyAyotte
Jul 12, 2011

I got this product because I have a sweating problem due to anxiety. It was a great price for a clinical strength product, but it didn't work too well. After an hour, there was no scent of deodorant, only sweat. I followed the directions but there were no results. I also became frustrated by the messiness! If there is a little bit of the deodorant on the cap, it gets everywhere! Lastly, the deodorant got all over the inside of my shirts even if it was dry! I don't recommend this product to people with a lot of sweat, I think we're better off with Secret or Degree.

kelley1980
Jun 09, 2011

this was my first time trying any clinical strength deoderant as the pice was alot more expensive than regular deoderant but it was worth the extra money! this protects so much more than regular deoderant especially when doing excersise. it says to apply at nightime but i usually would apply in the morning after showering and it was still just as effective. it has a very pleasant scent as well.. not too strong or overpowering. would recommend it for sure!

jskim07
May 17, 2011

This is the most effective Anti-perspirant I've purchased so far. Mine was in pink, but i think it goes the same for the green. I have a huge problem with underarm sweating and when I purchased this little bad boy, i didn't have to worry about armpit stains at all!!!! It's a great product, and I recommend it for everyone who has problems with sweating!!!

bluefrog1412
May 11, 2011

After I had my son, I found myself having to reapply my deodorant multiple times a day. Seeing as before I only had to do it once a day, I decided to give a clinical strength product a try. There were several to choose from at the drug store, but Dove Clinical Protection was on special, so that's what made the decision for me.
I was a bit skeptical that it would work as well as advertised, and for the first few days it felt a bit uncomfortable to wear, a bit dry and almost pasty. However, after my body got used to it, it has worked great! Back to only having to apply once a day, and the cool essentials scent is nice and light, and I quite like the smell.
I'd recommend it to anyone who is applying their anti-perspirant more than once a day, just follow instructions, and make sure you try it out for about a week before you decide how much you like it!

pynk.neko
May 10, 2010

For years and years I always had to keep my arms glued to my sides so people didn't see my pit sweat. I'd try to always wear tanks and short sleeves to avoid any one noticing. Finally I broke down and purchased a "clinical" strength deo and I must say... it is AMAZING. It is 20% aluminum so NO WONDER it works! After using it for about a month I do not have to use a deo any longer! I haven't sweat from my pits in ages and it is just sitting in my cabinet waiting to be needed again. It has a fabulous fresh smell and doesn't stain my clothes white either. This stuff is gonna last forever. Super buy!

jtrani
May 08, 2010

I love this deoderant. It really keeps me dry and fresh smelling.

curlysue10
Apr 28, 2010

I waited forever to review this product because I just could not make up my mind about whether or not I liked it. I supposed that right there tells you everything you need to know…

I am always switching deodorant brands because I have never been truly satisfied with anything I have used. Most work for a while and then stop being as effective, so I switch. Anyway I decided to try out one of the clinical versions that every brand seems to be coming out with. I went with Dove because I use their deodorant most frequently and I trust them.

I was simply not blown away. I did not find this product worked any better than your average deodorant, and for more than double the price I feel that it should do more than double the job. It doesn’t.

I should say (and this is something that held me back from getting the clinical version until now) is that the box states that you're supposed to apply it before you go to bed, so it can be absorbed while you sleep, and then you do not have to apply it in the morning when getting dressed. I thought that was bizarre and was worried that since I shower in the morning, I would be washing all the product off. Well, when you open the box the detailed instructions explicitly state that this is not the case. So if that same concern is holding you back, fear not.

(However I should note that it felt really weird to have bare underarms in the morning. I definitely felt like I was missing something. I suppose if I had experienced incredible results, this would not have been the case).

Overall I can't say that I recommend this product. I am not going to say it doesn't work, because it works as well as your average deodorant, but if you're looking for something spectacular, I would save your money.