Dove Energy Glow Facial Brightening Moisturizer with SPF 15

Dove Energy Glow Facial Brightening Moisturizer with SPF 15 Reviews

Ranked #1025 out of 1112 in Facial Lotions & Creams

Dove Energy Glow Brightening Moisturizer, an energy-rich moisturizer with vitamins that is proven to brighten skin and improve clarity to reveal more evenly toned, youthful-looking skin and protect skin over time with SPF 15. Women look and feel more beautiful when they have a naturally radiant glow. That's why Dove created new Energy Glow. It's an innovative line of skin cleansing and care products that help renew surface skin while smoothing the surface for a beautiful even tone. Dove Energy Glow products bringing out a true glow from the inside. And nothing is more beautiful than the truth.

December 08, 2009

I had purchased the Dove Energy Glow Daily Face Moisturizer a few weeks ago and I've been applying it to my face every evening for two weeks now. I purchased the light to medium tone since I am fair skinned. The first thing I noticed was the size of the bottle. It is a little small for my liking, however, once I learned that you don't need very much lotion to achieve the desired look, it will last me longer than I thought. I usually use a dime sized amount to cover my entire face and neck area. I also appreciated its light scent. The self tanner's consistency is quite creamy and it does spread evenly on its own. However, for extra moisture and to ensure a streak-free coverage, I did mix the self tanner with some of my regular face moisturizer lotion. If I did not do this, I would have to work the self tanner onto the skin for much longer. The formula does dry quickly, but it does not give an immediate result. I apply the tanner before going to bed. In the morning, I do notice a slighlty darker tone on my face and I must say, it really does look natural. It gave my face a healthy glow and a believable one as well. It did not streak nor turn orange. In order to get a deeper tan effect, I did need to reapply every evening for about a week. In all honesty, the light to medium tone is a good product for someone who wants a touch of color to show up on their skin. However, if you want a deeper tanned effect (i.e., back from vacation look), then I don't think you will achieve that with the light to medium coverage. I have not tried the medium to dark tone, therefore, I cannot say if it does give that desired effect. To conclude, this is a pretty good product and I do think I would purchase this again. I would appreciate a lower price though.

February 26, 2009

Dove is usually selling around $7. The first thing I noticed about Dove was the smell, it was great! No yucky self-tanner smell, just a pleasant lotion smell. On it's website Dove describes the product, "It gradually enhances and evens out your natural skin color, giving you a beautiful summer glow all year long. For great results after about one week, apply daily all over to gradually build a beautiful summer glow." The keyword here is "glow". So does Dove really give you a "glow"? Yes! This product was amazing, with color building gradually but noticeable after the first day. The lotion made my skin noticeably smoother and the color was even. There was not even a hint of orange; the color was more of a bronze. When you apply the lotion it has a bit of a shimmer to it, just enough to make the light reflect off of your skin but not look like you're going to a club. My nails stayed clean, no orange but I took extra care to make sure that I washed them after application. I continued to use Dove for two weeks straight and have not had any common self-tanner problems like streaks or splotches. Overall I was highly pleased with this product and will continue to use it.

May 26, 2007

I have combination skin, but in the winter my face gets uncharacteristically dry and dull. Dove Energy Glow has a thick, non-greasy consistency that really hydrates and smoothes skin. Plus, it's perfect to wear during the day since it has SPF 15! The moisturizer comes in a pump dispenser that is wonderful. It dispenses the perfect amount of product and no more, so you don't have to worry about the product oozing out and getting wasted. You really get your money's worth with this.