Dove Style + Care Volumizing Gel Reviews

Ranked #11 out of 2161 in Hair Care

Lightweight formula provides long-lasting volume and hold, reviving lift and body. Dove® STYLE+CARE™ Volumizing Gel with Nutri-Style Complex provides long lasting style by nourishing and protecting hair to help prevent issues such as frizz, fly-aways and dry/split ends that get in the way of great style.

For more info, visit Dove.

October 27, 2016

Even though I don't wear a short hair cut, gel can be used in different ways especially for longer hair. I do have wavy hair that goes into "rope" like curls when I apply a gel or mousse, scrunch with my hands, then let air dry. This was given to me from my Mom who was just down 3 days ago. She didn't like it, and wanted to go back to using her pomade (she has short bone straight hair in a pixie cut). I could see why she didn't like the gel. It made her hair crispy, and then when she tried to fix it, went to total static.

Me however, thought it wasn't that bad. It did give volume, but made my hair crunchy What I decided to do, was brush my hair out with a padel brush, and it looked awesome; wavy, soft, and shiny and it smelled nice, almost like the Dry Shampoo smelled like, honey orchid. I then used just a very small amount of the gel, rubbed it on both hands, and lightly palmed my hair just to smooth it out. So, I guess you just have to try it. Everyone uses gel for different looks.

I won't use it enough to buy it, even though it is only like $4 a bottle.

July 04, 2016

Dove Styling Gel is my everyday hair gel. It is light and enhances my curls without weighing them down. It leaves my hair soft and manageable without a greasy residue. A great product.

July 04, 2016

Use this before blow drying your hair! It will help give the appearance that your hair is full, thick & full of volume. I have tried this product before, and whenever I want the appearance of full fluffy hair, I use a bit of this before blow-drying and styling my hair.

July 04, 2016

great product that can be used daily! Love the texture of this non greasy formula. Helps to tame fly aways and and is great to stop frizz. Is a part of my great hair day ritual!

July 03, 2016

Jaime bien dove. L odeur qu'il laisse dans les cheveux est incontournable . Sans alourdir je peux avoir des boucles dans le vents qui volent. Tout comme le fixatif je trouve que la durer de la tenu es minimal . Sinon appréciation global 4.5/5

July 03, 2016

I love Dove! Just because it is a consistent brand that has good products all around. I am picky with what I put in my hair because I have straw thin hair. I find I did get volume but make sure you don't over do it, just use a little bit. A little goes a long way!

July 03, 2016

My hair is usually so limp and fine that I have tried almost everything out there to give me some volume. Even a little bit of pouf so I don't look like a drowned rat all the time!!
At the store I noticed Dove Style + Care Volumizing Gel...so I thought what the heck. Let's try this, it can't hurt right? I tried it the next morning and fell in love with it! Where has this been all my life? If I could, I would buy a 20L pail of this!
I am in LOVE with this product!

July 02, 2016

This product is great for taming those fly away hairs and frizz. My hair stays in place all day long when I use this product on it. I also really like the scent of it because it is not too overpowering. I also found it helps hold my curls in place as well!

July 02, 2016

I love this hair gel. I have lost of stray hairs that tend to stick out and this gel helps me to keep them in place. It's sleek and does a great job in keeping styles. I would recommend this product and all the Dove line of beauty products. Works great :)

July 01, 2016

I buy this item when it goes on sale and it has a great smell as well. i recommend using a little bit to test your hair at first and it definitely gives my hair volume

indykat has posted in the forum topic
Stitches

KieliAnne earned the Beauty Expert badge

KieliAnne earned the Elite Reviewer badge

TessaO added a new review for
Oball - Grip & Play