DYSON Absolute Reviews

Ranked #14 out of 36 in Vacuum Cleaners

October 04, 2016

Depuis que j'ai l'appareil je l'utilise à tout les jours !!! Très efficace ,puissante et rapide à passer !! Je l'aime beaucoup ,de très bonne qualité , ramasse super bien!

October 04, 2016

My husband bought this Dyson Cordless Vacuum about a month ago. He's obsesses with vacuuming for some reason. I must say, I am now as well. I enjoy vacuuming so much more with this vacuum. It is light weight and so convenient without the cord. It works very well with hardwood and tile floors.

The only downfall is it takes a few hours to charge for 20 mins of use. My place is spotless every since we purchased this vacuum so 20 minutes is plenty of time.

I don't know what more I could rave about this vacuum but you get what you pay for. The suction is very strong and sucks up the dusk very well. Love this vacuum so much!

August 08, 2015

I bought this cordless Dyson approx 1 month ago. I use this DAILY!
Our house is a mixed floor house with hardwood (real) on the main and carpeted stairs and bedrooms on the upper floors. I detested using our central vacuum because of the hose that I have to drag around that ends up marking up the bannister.

Cost: Was it worth it? I'll have to tell you in a few years to say for sure, but I can say that I've put it to the test and have enjoyed using it quite a bit so for me, the huge cost has had some great benefits.

Did I get what it said I would get for power? Claims are 20 minutes of cleaning or 6 minutes if you are using the high-power setting (using the direct drive head cleaner that has a moving head). I did get what was claimed. It is unfortunate that it takes 3 hours to charge, but I often clean several times daily for the main floor (just sucking up hair and dirt from the floor and cereal from the kids). The main carpeted area I have quite a few stairs and a lot of carpet. I can get through my stairs and part of the carpet before having to charge. **It is NOT meant to be the main vacuum of the house so I was NOT disappointed by this. Just know you can't go on a 1 hour vacuuming spree. My stairs are cleaner because I don't have to drag out this huge central vac anymore. I can just quickly vacuum the stairs and enjoy that part of it.

I used the attachments to thoroughly clean our SUV. It worked wonders and the attachments I felt were very well designed and worked well for the application. I liked that you can take that same smaller attachment then add it to the long bar in a second and then use it right away for doing something else. Every attachment is meant to switch out quickly in this way. I found that feature very very nice.

There is a separate head just for cleaning hardwood (the "bristles" are like a superfine microfibre). I was worried that the moving parts would damage my floor but it didn't. I still prefer to "spot clean" and wouldn't use this very much, but it is nice in the event I spilled a whole lot of flour on the floor I can just use that separate head.

I also like that I can hold it easily in my hand. It is a bit silly to mention this, but I don't have great hand strength (I never have, even as a kid and as a teen). I find this easy to hold, easy to empty the garbage bin from it. I like that I am not dragging around a separate piece or canister or anything else. I can just vacuum away!

Like all things Dyson, the con is the price, but I was able to save up points at a retail store which help to subsidize it greatly.

Why did I buy the Absolute vs other Dyson products?
The absolute came with the extra motorized head for cleaning hardwood plus the HEPA filter. I felt that if I was going to buy a Dyson, I wanted all the pieces so I could use it for a long time.

What was it about the other brands I didn't like? Most of the other styles (non-Dyson) had features that were either already trying to copy Dyson or were not as well made (and designed well - because like I said, I need everything to fit well in my hand). The allergy to dust I have was a factor in making sure I can get something with a good filter in it. Dyson's seemed to be able to clean just that much better than anything else I was able to look at (as I didn't look at EVERY vacuum out there in existence, I can only give you an opinion on the experience I encountered).