E45 Moisturising Body Lotion Reviews

1 review
Ranked #818 out of 1414 in Body Lotions & Creams

May 11, 2013

I am a BzzAgent and was invited to try and review E45 Moisturising Body Lotion.

In my kit i received two full size bottles of moisturiser, E45 Moisturising Lotion, 200ml and E45 Nourish and Restore Lotion, 250ml. I also received 10 generous samples with coupons to pass on. I thoroughly enjoyed my trial and had lots of fun talking about it to my friends and family

E45 lotions are normally £3-£5.50 depending on the size and promotion and are available all over the UK in Boots, Superdrug, Tesco, Waitrose, Sainsbury's, Morrisons, Asda, The Co-operative and Lloyds Pharmacy.

Before i began my trial, I felt that my hands were in a particular need for moisture. With two young children there's lots of washing, wiping, cleaning and changing nappies going on in my house. And with all the bugs going round over the cold months I felt that i needed to wash my hands all the more to stop the germs from spreading therefore drying out my hand even more.

I also go to the gym and find that after a workout my skin is crying out to be soothed and the chlorine in the swimming pool is especially harsh on my skin.

I tend to shower in the mornings and as a part of my BzzAgent trial applied E45 moisturiser straight after a morning shower for the total of 5 weeks. The 200ml E45 Moisturising lotion lasted me for 2 weeks and 250ml E45 Nourish & Restore lasted for 3 weeks.

Both lotions truly provide 24 hour hydration, my skin stayed soft all throughout the day and night until I washed it off in the morning to reapply again. It made my skin feel touchably soft and supple.

Like with all the other moisturisers I've tried in the past however you have to use it regularly to maintain the desired condition of the skin. By all means E45 is not magic that you have to use only once to get luminous skin for life (wish there was such a thing!) but as long as you use regularly you will see results. So definitely worth investing a few minutes of your time and incorporating E45 into your daily routine. I love E45 and my advise to anyone who wants to have beautiful skin would be to persevere, it will pay off and there's no two ways about it!

Saying that though, E45 is absolutely fantastic on dry skin. It took only one application to eliminate the dryness on my hands!! See the picture attached.

What sealed the deal personally for me was the fact that E45 has a light formulation that melts into the skin very quickly without leaving me feeling greasy, wet or sticky like some of the other moisturisers do. In about five minutes after application I could put my clothes on and get on with my day. I put it on all over my body and hands as part of my daily routine and totally forgot about it, except it carried on on doing it's wonderful job all day long and kept my skin healthy and beautiful. I also love the fact that it is fragrance free, dermatologically tested and hypoallergenic so is great for soothing sensitive skin.

The design of the bottles is very clean with a bold alphanumerical logo and has almost medical look about it. For me, this design conveys trustworthiness and says that research has gone into creating the product that's inside. Personally, I like it, i would rather pay for the product rather than packaging, but perhaps people who go for glitz & glam might find it a bit dullI. I like Clinique and E45 evokes similar feelings when i think of the brand; which is mainly trust, safety and credibility, something that won't harm. The lotion comes in a flip top bottle which is ease to squeeze out with one hand and apply with the other. Can also be kept upside down to ensure minimal product waste.

I preferred the original E45 because it is fragrance free. I wasn't too keen on the powdery smell of Nourish & Restore but still enjoyed using it, once it absorbed into the skin I could not smell it anymore.

As I learnt from E45 website, they have over 60 years of medical experience and works closely with healthcare professionals. This has reassured me in that fact that it provides quality results rather just a cover up.

I was surprised to find out what a wide range of products E45 has - creams, lotions, eczema and baby products. I am now very tempted to purchase E45 hand cream to carry around in my baby changing bag.

I never used E45 before but it has become one of my favourites after BzzAgent trial. I highly recommend for anyone suffering with dry skin or just looking for an round daily moisturiser. The only downside I can think of is that E45 is not an organic product and is to be avoided if you don't want to use anything with parabens.