Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert

Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert Reviews

Ranked #688 out of 960 in Books

Publisher's description:
This beautifully written, heartfelt memoir touched a nerve among both readers and reviewers. Elizabeth Gilbert tells how she made the difficult choice to leave behind all the trappings of modern American success (marriage, house in the country, career) and find, instead, what she truly wanted from life. Setting out for a year to study three different aspects of her nature amid three different cultures, Gilbert explored the art of pleasure in Italy and the art of devotion in India, and then a balance between the two on the Indonesian island of Bali. By turns rapturous and rueful, this wise and funny author is poised to garner yet more adoring fans.

May 21, 2016

Another great book that I have read and could not put down till the very end. I was excited when the movie came out which did a fantastic job. Elizabeth Gilbert should be proud. This book is a must read for you gals out there.

October 21, 2014

I enjoyed this book, way better than the movie. It does have its bland moments but its great writing. And a great plot

January 20, 2014

I agree that this book had its great moments. In a nutshell, the author takes a year to "discover herself" and travels to three exotic locations in her search. I thoroughly enjoyed her Italy stay, but she lost me after that. I also found myself frustrated with some of her opinions/decisions.

This is a library loaner, not a buy-and-keeper. Entertaining enough, but not for everyone. I also should say that autobiographies are not my genre anyway, so someone who loves them will probably enjoy this book more than I did.

January 20, 2014

A worthwhile read. I liked the story and the first-person honesty. To be honest, I was not a lot like the character and just had to let her lead me through her lessons. I loved the idea that you must explore the areas of yourself that you swallow down and hold back as you go though a rushed life. Once I read it, I found that I really enjoyed it but I wouldn't read it again. I gave it to a friend who was asking the questions in the book.

September 09, 2013

The book is okay, but I enjoyed the movie more. The book definitely has its slow part, but its a great story

September 09, 2013

As a shameless foodie, I really enjoyed the book.

August 22, 2013

Book has it's slow parts, and parts where I'm not overly fond of the main character, but it did serve me well as a beach read

June 27, 2012

This was a really great book. It made me think about my own life and its situations, or lack thereof. Now, I have the urge to travel the world!

May 31, 2011

I watched the movie before reading the book. I think I preferred the movie over the book.
Reading through, the plot started off quite slow, and didn't exactly pick up the entire time. I didn't care for her visit outside of Italy, which was my favourite part.

All in all, read the book first and then the movie...or just watch the movie :).

December 18, 2008

Beautifully and courageously written. Totally enjoyed it.

Sakimitama added a new review for
Bliss Naked Body Butter

tiffy1324 has posted in the forum topic
Finding Dory

Angelwingsx2 has started a new forum topic
Ready for Christmas

Angelwingsx2 has posted in the forum topic
Check your emails, ladies!

wennieyang earned the Beauty Guru badge