Good

EchoAcc 9 PCS Whisky Ice Stones Reviews

1 review
Ranked #11 out of 89 in Kitchen & Dining Wares

July 04, 2016

I've always been curious about whiskey stones. While I'm a tee-totaller, I have to admit I do have a drinking problem; Dr Pepper! I like my drinks to be ice, ice cold and find that whenever I add ice cubes they just immediately melt and of course, there's the watering down of the flavour.

While I didn't find these Whiskey stones anymore successful at cooling my drink, they did about the same as an ice cube, they certainly solved the dilution issue. No more watery juice or soda! I was happy to see that they didn't affect the taste in anyway, as a super taster I didn't notice any difference.

I was also pleased to see that they are heavy so they don't slide up and hit your mouth as ice cubes are prone to do. I can't be the only person who's ever choked on an unexpected ice cube either.

While these cool down drinks at the same rate as ice cubes, in my opinion, they're a much better solution all round. If I had to change something, I'd include a different bag for storage. I didn't feel comfortable putting a fabric (and possibly dusty/germy) bag in the freezer, or leaving them straight on my freezer surface, so I put the whiskey stones in a ziploc bag instead. If you have a regular ice cube tray at home, you could also store them there.

********************************************
Pros:
+ Works as well as an ice cube for keeping drinks cold.
+ Doesn't slide up in the glass.
+ Don't affect taste.
+ Don't water down drinks.

Cons:
- No way to store in freezer provided.

********************************************

j.beauty has posted in the forum topic
Top 5 AFFORDABLE makeup brands!!

jayvelyn926 has posted in the forum topic

CherM added a new review for
Smashbox O-Gloss

indykat has posted in the forum topic
Stitches