EcoTools Bamboo 5 Piece Brush Set Reviews

Ranked #9 out of 462 in Makeup Brushes & Tools

August 24, 2016

I bought this set because I wanted to replace some old brushes in my collection, and these were well-priced and cruelty-free. Unfortunately, these aren't that great. The best one is probably the blush brush, which I use more often with powder than anything else. The eye shading brush is pretty average, the angled liner brush is much too thick and hard to use with eyeliner -- it doesn't even fill in brows that well -- and the concealer brush is rough and spreads product unevenly. Even the lash and brow comb is subpar. If you want cheap brushes that are cruelty-free and more effective, go for something from Real Techniques.

July 18, 2016

EcoTools brushes are awesome! I love them! Great quality, the bristles are soft and don't shed, and I love how so many are double ended. I prefer Real Techniques, but these are the next best thing!

July 08, 2016

This is a great beginners set. The brushes are synthetic, so they are very soft. I do find it disappointing that the eyeshadow and concealer brush are the same. Ecotools has an eyeshadow brush that they sell by itself, and I think that it would be more suited for this kit. I also think that the utility of this kit could be better if the eyebrow/lash groomer was replaced with a lip brush. However, the other brushes in this set are great. The eyeliner brush is one of the thinnest ones that I have encountered, making it great for gel liner, and the blush brush is very versatile. The concealer brush works, but is a pretty basic concealer brush, the eyeshadow brush basically functions the same way, so is better for cream eyeshadow.

May 04, 2016

I bought this set about 5 years, ago and I still have the brushes and they work fantastic! They don't shed, and even after washing dozens of times, they still hold their original shape. They're also made out of recycled material, which is amazing :) They cost around $12, but that's a really cheap price for 5 makeup brushes of such high quality.

Updated On: May 04, 2016

I bought this set about 5 years, ago and I still have the brushes and they work fantastic! They don't shed, and even after washing dozens of times, they still hold their original shape. They're also made out of recycled material, which is relieving knowing that they're made out of natural materials and don't use animal fibers! They cost around $12, but that's a really cheap price for 5 makeup brushes of such high quality

February 26, 2016

Really great brush set if you don't want to spend a ridiculous amount of money. Quality is impressive. I haven't had any shedding and I've had them for years now. my favourite is probably the angled brush because it is absolutely perfect for winged liner. Brushes are soft and I like knowing that the products that I'm using are natural and ethical.

January 17, 2016

This is really good for those that are vegan or don't want to use - any kind of animal fiber
they have lasted me a long time and a sturdy
yes i know my picture is missing a brush!

November 17, 2015

I bought this set at Target when it was first open and still have and use 4 of them. The angled brush I couldn't live without for my brows. Wish I hadn't lost my foundation brush. I love my eye shadow brush. Wish I cpuld but it again as the blush brush is starting to not come as clean as I'd like and just feels like there's buildup. This is a great set for beginners or people that dont have $40+to spend per brush.

August 30, 2015

I have been using these brushes for years and have never switched
.very affordable and they clean great

August 29, 2015

great brushes, my first time trying bamboo and I'm impressed

August 29, 2015

These brushes are a great inexpensive brush. I had they for many years and they just recently started to fall apart on me. They are very soft for the price of them. So for someone first starting to use make up, this is a great starter kit.