I tried Elf's Complexion Perfection face powder when I was first getting into colour correction a few years ago. I had high hopes for this product and was really excited to try it. I had purchased other elf products in the past and was really happy with them.
What I liked about this product:
- The packaging is sleek, trendy and the palette of powders is pretty.
- It comes with a built-in mirror.
- It claims to even out skin tone, absorb excess oil and neutralize and brighten skin.
- I can't remember the exact price I paid but it was very affordable. I'm thinking it was between $3-5 CAD.
- It contains four different colours for targeting 4 individual skin discolouration issues. (Pink and yellow counteracts blue undereye circles, green counteracts redness from acne, rosacea, etc and green counteracts yellow skin discolourations.)
- It can be swirled together and the colours mixed to use as an overall face powder or the colours can be used separately to target individual areas as mentioned above.
- It is small enough to carry in a bag/purse for on-the-go application.
What I disliked about the product:
- It doesn't come with an applicator so you can't use it on-the-go unless you carry a makeup brush in your purse (which most people don't).
- It wasn't effective at all at correcting discolourations, brightening skin, evening out skin tone, etc. I noticed absolutely no improvement in these areas.
- The powder did not adhere well to the brush so it went on very slowly and sparingly.
- The powder did not work well with the rest of my makeup products as it tended to clump and leave little splotches of powder on my face. This got worse throughout the day, especially if I was sweating or my face got oily.
- It didn't provide enough coverage to use in place of my normal face powder.
- It didn't do anything it claimed it would do.
I had tried several times over the last 2 years to use this product but it always made my makeup look horrible so I eventually threw it out. Thankfully it didn't cost very much but it was disappointing that it didn't work. I would not recommend this product to anyone.
These reviews are the subjective opinions of ChickAdvisor members and not of ChickAdvisor Inc.