e.l.f. Cosmetics Eyebrow Lifter & Filler

e.l.f. Cosmetics Eyebrow Lifter & Filler Reviews

Ranked #111 out of 229 in Eyebrow Care

September 15, 2016

So i bought this one as it would be nice to have a little big darker eyebrows and this one I bought was for lighter hair. Definitely not for light hair. E.L.F needs to make one for people with light hair. The highlighter part was the only part that was great

December 25, 2015

I'm giving this particular item a five out of five, but before you start reading the rest of the review, I'd like to point out that I didn't quite use this product in the manner it was designed to be used. I'm giving it a good review because it works in the way I used it and it's a good-quality item in general.

The ELF Eyebrow Lifter & Filler is a double-ended pencil that is meant to be used, as the name implies, to lift and fill out the eyebrows. It comes in a variety of colors to match a few different skin tones (I went with the Light/Ivory pencil), and it comes with a sharpener built into one of the caps, which is pretty handy since the tips of this thing are much too large to fit into your average cosmetics sharpener. One end of the pencil is some shade of brown or tan for the eyebrows themselves (Light, Medium, Dark), and the opposite end is always Ivory, which I found to be a little too orange/pink for my very light skin. The end labeled "Ivory" is meant to be a brow lifter, meaning it's meant to be applied beneath the arch of the eyebrow to perk up that particular area of the face.

Personally, I found the tips on this item to be a bit too large to fill out my brows with accuracy by themselves - even when sharpened, they're a little too chunky. But, a solution to this that I've found is to use a small brush to apply the product; in my case, I use the Small Angled Brush, also from ELF. I simply sweep the brush over the darker pencil tip and then apply the product to my eyebrows. This method allows for better accuracy and gives more control over the application.

As for the lifter end, I found it didn't really give a "lifting" effect to my brows because it didn't match my skin tone very well (it was a little too dark). However, I did find a use for the lifter part of the product: I use it as an eye highlighter instead. Rather than applying it anywhere near my eyebrows, I use the lighter of the two colors on the waterlines of my lower eyelids for a more subtle highlight effect.

The product itself (on either end) is rather smooth and creamy, making it very easy to apply and much more effective than any normal “dry” brow pencil I've ever used. With the consistency of this product being so soft, it also blends nicely with eyeshadow. I do occasionally fill out my brows further with just a little brown eyeshadow and it turns out absolutely fantastic. Also, the colors can be a little misleading if you go by appearance alone; the brow filler color on the one I got looks like a rather light shade of tan and I didn't think it would match my brow color, but it worked perfectly. Applied on bare skin, it would definitely be too light, but when it's just used to fill out the eyebrows, it blends quite nicely. Whatever shade of this item you think you need, go a shade lighter.

Conclusion? It's a great product. Affordable, good quality (lasts me all day when used with setting spray), and while I had to use it a little differently to make the most use of the whole product, I still like the end result. I'd definitely buy this again. Using it in the intended way, I'd probably give it a 4/5 just because the lifter part of this thing didn't work for me like it's supposed to (alas, the plight of the fair-skinned person).