e.l.f. Cosmetics Powder Brush Reviews

Ranked #137 out of 462 in Makeup Brushes & Tools

This new anti bacterial, synthetic haired Taklon brush is softer and more absorbent and can be used with wet or dry products. Be a professional makeup artist and create a flawless look with this e.l.f. studio brush!
-Creates a professional sculpted look
-Full coverage color
-Use for powder or blush for perfect contouring
For more information, please visit eyeslipsface.com

April 04, 2016

I really liked the price point to I grabbed one up. This was one of my first experiences with E.L.F brushes & I'm sad to say it didn't go as planed.
My intent was to use it as a foundation/kabuki brush.
But it just ate product dry or wet & shed all over my face. I was very disappointed in this.
It was a complete waste of money after two washes it came unglued & unrepairable.
I was very happy to toss this thing in the rubbish bin. I'll never buy again & you shouldn't either not even at the 4$ price point.

March 06, 2016

I think I have about 10 of these, I am obsessed with this brush! This is a densely packed brush with a flat top that is perfect for liquid foundation application (yeah I know it says powder brush but for powder I normally use e.l.f's completion brush). It is nice and soft and for the price of $3.50 I paid for it, it is an absolute steal! Yes, I think after washing it too many times, one of the brushes I have got unglued but nothing that I wasn't able to fix. Shedding has been minimal. I say if you don't have one, go buy it! I get mine from the Superstore so I don't even have to pay shopping and duties to order from elf online. Absolute must if you love makeup!

February 14, 2016

This brush it soft and give a great application. But I can almost guarantee in a year or two, the ferrule will break and you will have bristle shedding. They more you wash, the worst it gets, but you need to keep your bushes clean! This is alright for a young girl.

December 29, 2015

This is one of the BEST makeup brushes I have ever used to apply and blend my liquid foundations, and for only $4 it's definitely one I'll buy over and over again. I also use it to apply my face powder or setting powder and it works better than I expected. I have 2 currently and will order more soon.

April 03, 2015

Love this to buff foundation into the skin when I want a lighter coverage. It's nice and dense. I dont like using it for powder though.

September 16, 2014

I don't like the swirl shape. It's too hard for a face skin...it's difficult to put blush everywhere because of his shape so you have little spots at the end, not funny...

July 09, 2014

I use this fantastic brush as a foundation brush and it blends perfectly. It's very very soft but does a wonderful job of buffing out liquids as well as powder makeup. I prefer this over some of my MAC and Sigma brushes.

April 01, 2014

The elf studio powder brush is amazing, it is very soft, works with powders and liquids, and is large enough to be better and faster than other brushes that do foundation. It also does blush and bronzer, and blends things in nicely. I did find that the hairs were uneven and needed trimming. My gripe with this brush is that it comes loose from the handle, which makes it uncomfortable to use.

The elf essential powder brush, I find to be ok. It's not the softest brush in the world, can feel scratchy, but it does a good job with undereyesetting powder and bronzer. I find that it is a good size for both those things, but it is too small for the whole face, as it takes too long, that's not to say that you can't use it to buff powder on the whole face. I do prefer the studio tapered brush, as it is essentially the same brush, but softer.

January 20, 2014

Awesome brush, ELF has great brushes overall. I've not ever been disappointed by the quality-ever. Great for wet or dry product.

January 17, 2014

This is probably my favorite makeup brush of all time. It's synthetic, so you can use it with wet or dry products. I have two of them -- one I use for liquids/creams (this brush is GREAT for applying foundation, it's fast and blends so well) and one that I use to apply powder (I prefer to pack the powder on rather than buff it in, but it works well that way also). The glue in the ferrule tends to loosen and the brush comes apart, but that's easily fixed with a little super glue or something. The brush is so cheap -- it's only $3 (USD) but such a great tool -- I love it and highly, HIGHLY recommend it to everybody! It's a great brush to have in your collection!