• e.l.f. Cosmetics Shimmer Eye Liner
Amazing

e.l.f. Cosmetics Shimmer Eye Liner Reviews

Ranked #703 out of 776 in Eye Liner

April 10, 2011

I bought this eyeliner in gunmetal. I really like the color, but it tends to crease and by a couple of hours I look like a panda. I liked the sharpener in the lip initially, but have found that the lid will not stay on. I would not buy this again as it does not stay where I put it, this is the only e.l.f. product I have not liked.

December 17, 2010

These are new and come in so many pretty colors that I'm wishing I had bought a few more! I started with Iconic Ivory, Twinkle Teal and Black Bandit.

Unilke some eyeliners that get hard and dry and thus hard to apply, this is super smooth and creamy, and glides on. It's almost too soft, so you need to keep a light hand with application. There is a little bit of glitter in it, but it isn't overhwlming- I would say the swatch pictures from the website are actually pretty accurate. The teal they show matches the color I got well, so I would guess the other colors of this liner might be true to color as well. Yay!

he sharpener built into the lid is pretty snazzy, but I did run into a small problem with it- I tend to stick the cap on the other end of the pencil when I'm using this, but doing this makes the sharpener dig in to that end, leaving little cuts.

The ivory doesn't have a ton of pigment, but it does brighten the eye a little and if you scribble a little on your browbone it makes a nice highlight. I tried it on my water line, but it wouldn't go on at all.

The teal is perfection. It's a gorgeous color, perfect if you want to play with bright colors without having a ton on. It's beautiful when paired with the pale green from the Ivy eyeshadow quad!