• Elf Mineral Infused Face Primer - Tone Adjusting Green

Elf Mineral Infused Face Primer - Tone Adjusting Green Reviews

1 review
Ranked #151 out of 322 in Primer

September 25, 2016

I recently purchased elf Mineral Infused Face Primer - Tone Adjusting Green to counteract some redness that I have on my face due to acne and scarring. I had previously used a colour correcting green concealer to cover it but when I saw this new elf product, I was hoping to be able to replace the concealer altogether with this primer. I was also excited to try this product as I have used elf makeup in the past and really liked their products.

First off, here is a list of the things I liked about the product:
- It is mineral infused so it is good for your skin
- It would not only act as a makeup base, smooth fine lines, and all the other benefits of a primer but it also claimed to reduce and counteract the appearance of redness due to acne, rosacea, etc.
- It could potentially replace the need for a colour correcting concealer.
- The bottle is pretty, sleek and trendy.
- The price was very affordable at approx. $10 CAD.

Now, here are the things I didn't like about the product:
- It feels very oily and unpleasant on your skin.
- You can't see where you've applied it or if you've missed any areas.
- I didn't notice that my makeup benefited at all from the primer. (ie. It didn't last longer, look better, minimize lines, etc)
- I didn't notice any colour correcting benefits at all and I still had to use my green tone correcting concealer because the primer didn't do what it was supposed to.

So even though there were some positive aspects to the product like price and attractiveness, the cons definitely outweighed them. The product didn't seem to do anything it claimed to do and it felt unpleasant to wear as it felt oily and greasy on the skin. This is particularly unpleasant for people who already suffer from acne and oily skin. Personally, I won't buy this product again. However, elf does have many other types of primers available for a variety of issues (ie. Brightening, minimize pores, overall tone corrector, etc.). So I may try purchasing a different one at a later date and giving elf primers one more shot before I close the door on them for good. For now, I'm sticking with my green colour correcting concealer to do the job.

jayvelyn926 added a new review for