Epson CX4450

Epson CX4450 Reviews

1 review
Ranked #56 out of 97 in Computers

March 20, 2016

This printer was a "gift" when I bought my laptop many years ago. At the time it worked wonders but has sadly slept on my desk for a while. I've purchased all new ink cartridges and eagerly got started in the process of printing off some coupons. Problem is, the printer is not printing anymore. I've cleaned the nozzle heads, tried every fix it suggested via the internet and have come to the conclusion that it probably just needs to have a nap. It is almost 2am in the morning.

It was free to me!
Scanning is ok

Ink does NOT last long
Replacement cartridges cost a fair amount for this aged machine.
You CANNOT print without having all the cartridges in the printer. So let's say you run out of magenta ink. You need to have a new magenta ink cartridge in even if you only want to print black and white. I thought I could get away with having empty cartridges or no cartridges at all other than the black one but the printer is refusing to move.

It's not worth the hassle and thankfully the only money I've really put into it is paper and ink cartridges. Even then, a black cartridge runs around 20 dollars Canadian and the colour multi-pack us around 40 before tax. Not really saving any money.

bartolel earned the Beauty Guru badge