• Ergo Baby Carrier - Black/Camel
  • Ergo Baby Carrier - Black/Camel

Ergo Baby Carrier - Black/Camel Reviews

Ranked #49 out of 393 in Baby Gear - Carriers

The ERGO Baby Carrier's ergonomic design supports a correct sitting position for the baby's hip, pelvis and spine growth. It disperses most of the baby's weight between the hips and thighs, which helps to eliminate compression of the spine when hanging by the crotch which most other designs require. The ERGO also balances the baby's weight to parents' hips and shoulders, and alleviates physical stress for the parent. # 14 ounce cotton canvas for maximum durability # 400 threads per inch cotton poplin lining and hood # 100% cotton batting in body of carrier to soften edges # One inch, high density foam in shoulder straps # Quarter inch high density neoprene foam in waist belt # High Quality buckles tested by SGS # Waist belt circumference from 25" to 43" # Fits from 5' to 6.5' body height with adjustable shoulder and chest straps # Sleeping hood adjusts in length to growth of baby # Reinforcement stitching used at all fabric intersections # Interior rip-stop reinforcements at critical intersections # High quality black webbing # Durability/strength tested up to 90 pounds # machine washable, gentle cycle

June 05, 2016

Wish I had this with my older boys! I use this on the daily, and baby sleeps in it! Very comfortable and not straining on the shoulders. It distributes baby's weight well so you dont feel uncomfortable. Easy to put on. I can wear this for hours. A little expensive but worth every penny! Definitely a mommy must-have! Oh, and did I mention you can wear this with baby til they're 5!! So awesome.

November 08, 2015

Love my ergo. Used it for both of my daughters. My youngest is now two and a half and we still use the Ergo!

It's both comfortable and practical. Easy to put on, even with the child in the back. Love that it has a pocket too, so I can leave my purse at home.

It's also washable which is a must have with babies!

November 04, 2015

The Ergo was the first baby carrier that I bought. Overall I do like the carrier, but have moved on to something that is a better fit for me. In terms of carriers you need to physically try them on to find the fit that is best for you.

The Ergo is made of a sturdy canvas that lasts and wears well. I like that you have three different positioning options for baby. It can be a little confusing the first time you put it on with all of the straps and buckles, but the manual gives clear instructions and there are many YouTube tutorials available as well. It is easy to adjust for all different sizes. The panel was a little narrow for my personal preference and I found I wasn't able to create as good a seat for my child in it as I was able to in other carries. Skip the infant insert as a rolled up receiving blanket does the trick and is much more versatile (and affordable) than the insert. The only other downside would be that compared to others they are fairly boring looking. However the overall function and versatility is there.

October 12, 2015

It release my back from carrying the baby. But the belt isn't long enough for my husband after a while, and he isn't big. :)

More design and colors could be nice, without paying more.

August 11, 2015

The Ergo was my first Soft Structured Carrier (SSC) and it worked very well for us. The panel is shorter than on other SSCs (like the Tula) but it still offers good support. We still have ours despite purchasing a Tula, and we use it as our back-up carrier and for the times when we expect to get dirty.

September 17, 2014

I liked the style of the Ergo carrier, it was one of the ones I felt most comfortable with using for my son. He however was not a fan once he got a bit bigger, I think he felt like it restricted his movement. Much preferred being in his stroller where he could look around and explore when he got older. I do recommend the product but would suggest finding a friend or somewhere you could rent one from to try it out first. I've indicated that I don't intend to purchase only because we already have one so there's no need to buy again in the future:)

August 12, 2014

I tried several other carriers (wraps,ring slings) but the ergo was is my favourite. Can be used several different ways and it did not put a lot of stress on my shoulders like the other types did.

August 08, 2014

This carrier was very helpful with my daughter. She always wanted to be held, so the carrier was much easier and helped me get some things done. Very comfortable with the wide straps. It does get hot in warm weather, which is to be expected.

April 15, 2014

very comfy and easy to use carrier. less hassle compared to others. find the straps very thick and proides better padding. also, beware of low cost specials on this brand as there are a lot of fakes out there so buyer beware.

August 08, 2012

I started out using the Baby Bjorn, and I hated it, and my son did not like it. It was super uncomfortable. I then convinced my husband to let me buy the Ergo Baby since I had heard good things and they were right. It was so comfortable and did not hurt my back like the Baby Bjorn. I could adjust it to fit either myself or my husband perfectly. I also love that I could wear it on my back and my son loved it too. I didnt end up buying it until my son was about 8 months old, so I missed out on all that little baby time he could have spent in it, but I still am super happy. Also, I have lent it to friends and I'm sure I will use it when I have a second child.