Ergo Baby Carrier

Ergo Baby Carrier Reviews

Ranked #45 out of 397 in Baby Gear - Carriers

The ERGO Baby Carrier's ergonomic design supports a correct sitting position for the baby's hip, pelvis and spine growth. It disperses most of the baby's weight between the hips and thighs, which helps to eliminate compression of the spine when hanging by the crotch which most other designs require. The ERGO also balances the baby's weight to parents' hips and shoulders, and alleviates physical stress for the parent.

February 27, 2017

I LOVE my ErgoBaby Carrier! It's been a lifesaver!
    I didn't think baby would like the carrier (but I wanted one) because she never cared for the sling type of carrier. She would cry and cry and cry. Doubtfully, I tried the ergo a couple of months later and she just stayed there snuggled into me. We have been using it quite a bit ever since! We got this particular brand for 2 reasons:
    1. It holds at least 10lbs more than a lot of the other carriers in the market
    2. The backpack option
    We do a lot of hiking - have 2 dogs - and hiking and beach trips are the norm around here. None of those things could be accomplished with a stroller.
    I wear the carrier at least 4x a week, mainly when we're out and about. There are times when baby isn't feeling well, and I'll wear her around the house. She usually just snuggles in and goes to sleep.
    The carrier is very easy to put on by yourself, easier if you have help. After a couple of tries on my own, I became very comfortable with putting it on and taking it off. The straps are easy to adjust as well! My husband doesn't wear it as much as me, but its never been an issue! The padding on the straps is a plus!!!
    Definitely worth the money.

February 22, 2017

This carrier was a fairly good investment, baby is pretty happy in it. Usually we carry her in it when going for walks. Baby frequently falls asleep in it.

The straps are fairly long, and have elastics to contain the excess. It is easy to adjust and fits larger and taller folk quite well. Takes a few tries to get used to using it and closing it on your own. Lots of youtube videos on how to position and carry the baby. At the beginning we weren't sure if baby's legs would be too uncomfortable but it seems to be ok. The straps are wide and the whole setup is easy on the parent's back.

The only comment i have is it tends to run a bit warm, so we go light on the clothes when using it.

We didn't use the infant insert., as by the time we started using it baby was too big for it. Was purchased from best buy.

December 04, 2016

The best investment I have made for baby products! It has been so easy to carry my daughter around while doing household chores, cooking, and studying. It makes it easy to put her to sleep as well, and to take her on walks. We brought this carrier instead of our stroller on our recent European travel and it was perfect! Highly recommend it.

October 21, 2016

Liked my ergo baby carrier a lot only thing I found is that as my baby got bigger it was hard to clip the back clip on my own. Otherwise, very versatile and easy to pack for travelling or a quick walk when you don't have room for your stroller.

June 28, 2016

I bought the ergo winter edition, white with tan fur lining, when I was pregnant with my son. I also purchased the infant lining. I didn't use the long as his snowsuit was to big for it and it didn't seem to work well. I do however, love this carrier. It's WAY easier to put him in then ones I have purchased in the past for previous children. My back also loves it lol. Super comfy and easy to use. And not to mention I love the flap that can be used in the rain. I have use it for sun protection as well as wind and it worked well.

March 11, 2016

I received the Ergo Original Baby Carrier in the navy blue with whales as a gift at my baby shower. I purchased the newborn insert but never got to use it because our son ended up being about 9 lbs at birth and by the time we needed to use it he was already out of the newborn insert size. The fabric is adorable with the cute whales and sort of a faded navy blue color. The comfort of the carrier is great and I don't feel any pinching or rubbing when our son is in it. I will admit though that this carrier is a bit more technical than some others I've seen but once you set it up and figure out how to put it on without help it is a great carrier. There is one strap that goes between your shoulder blades that can be hard to insert if you aren't flexible (I always have to do this one for my husband because he can't reach that area of his back). Our son loves the carrier and falls asleep in it shortly after being in it. The carrier also has an awesome pocket for your phone and wallet. The little cover is awesome for when the baby needs shade or sleep and clicks in very easily on the shoulder pads. The carrier is quite bulky though so I'm not sure how it'll be during summer as it might get very warm. I've seen that Ergo has a sports carrier they released and I'm tempted to go find a store where I can test that one out to see if its lighter. Overall, I love our Ergo baby carrier and would definitely recommend it.

February 23, 2016

This is a great carrier for some people. I purchased an organic ergo without trying any carriers on (silly me). I'm 5'0" and I have a small to average size baby (though my husband is 6'2"). I have been using a stretchy wrap and she was getting too heavy, plus my husband is not a wrap type guy so we decided on the Ergo. This is what I found when I put it on and tried it with my now 6 month old baby:

This carrier did not work for me because:
    1. I found it very awkward to adjust the straps.
    2. The back buckle was too difficult for me to put buckle that I had a hard time getting baby put in.
    3. Baby hated it (screamed the entire time).
    4. Baby probably hated it because her legs are not long enough due to the base being wider than other carriers despite baby meeting weight requirements (I do not want to buy the infant insert because I personally find them awkward, bulky, and it would be too warm in the summer for baby - rolling or folding a blanket under baby is not an option as it is not recommended due to not supporting the spine).
    5. Unless you purchase the Ergo 360 there is no option to forward face (which is what baby loves).

What I did like:

1. The colour options.
    2. Nice sized pocket in the front.
    3. Really great for larger babies and toddlers.
    4. Nice hood for baby that can easily be put back into the carrier.

While this is a well-made and great carrier, this is one that should be recommended for larger babies or for toddlers.

February 22, 2016

After much research, we bought this for our baby. It is good, especially for travelling. My only complain is that it is too bulky and I've seen other carriers that may work better for indoors (trips to the mall).

February 06, 2016

This is one of the most expensive baby carier but it really really deserve every penny ,so comfortable for my baby &even;for me

January 21, 2016

Received it as a gift and loved it! I never would have spent that money on myself, but it was fantastic when I needed my hands free to help with my older child. Takes practice for the back hold but very versatile!