essence Gel Eyeliner Reviews

Ranked #111 out of 776 in Eye Liner

October 22, 2016

I believe this only comes in one shade, which is the black shade called Midnight in Paris. It's unfortunate that the range of colours is so restricted because this is an absolutely amazing formula. It may be the very best I have ever used, and considering the price and how many other gels are available, that's saying something!

This is marketed as a long-lasting, waterproof gel formula. It comes in a little pot, and they have a little angled brush available to purchase right next to this. This is a highly pigmented and very smooth gel. It's such high quality for such a small price, way better quality than some other gels out there. I found this to be incredibly easy to apply and, along with the angled brush, I was able to achieve a very crisp, sharp wing with little to no difficulty.

After applying, this sets almost immediately, and it will. Not. Budge! It is INCREDIBLY long-wearing. In fact, I would caution you to clean the excess product off your brush immediately, because a few days later when I went to use it, it had hardened onto the bristles. That's how heavy duty this stuff is. As you'd expect, it does take a little bit of work to remove at the end of the day. I would recommend using something oil-based and gentlg pressing it over your eye, otherwise you'll be rubbing at your delicate skin for awhile.

If you need an amazing, waterproof gel, even if you suck at winged liner, this will be your new best friend.

April 04, 2016

This is my favorite gel eyeliner. if im doing winged eyeliner this is my go to product. i first bought it because it was inexpensive and i wanted to practice my eyeliner but then i realized that it is amazing! I put this on and i dries fast and stays on. One day i had it on but forgot and wiped my eye then remembered and thought i would have eyeliner everywhere but it didnt budge. Great eyeliner for a great price.

April 23, 2015

this gel eyeliner goes on smooth, dries quickly and stays on all day with no smudging. For the price, you can't go wrong!

April 21, 2015

A really decent budget option! Very smooth and easy to apply, and lasts throughout the day without budging.

April 07, 2015

LOVE this gel eyeliner. It's longwearing, goes on smooth and creates bold or subtle lines depending on your application. My only complaint is that this brand changed their formula took away their other shades. Let's start a petition to bring the old ones back :D

April 03, 2015

I love this! It's kind of thick for a gel eyeliner but it's super super black and lasts for a long time.

March 31, 2015

Très bonne pigmentation
Tiens quand même bien et il sèche pas dans le pot

October 30, 2014

This product was one I tried before my "Essence Breakup" period. I loved it at first, but I slowly found it was too thick and got all over my eyes way to easy. A gentle tap to my eye would smudge it. Also I found that it got clumpy fast, and was also impossible to remove from the eyeliner brush. Definitely not my favorite eyeliner. I will be sticking to the gel eye pencil as i have much better results with that.

October 29, 2014

I used to brag about this all the time. It's a good starter when trying out gel eyeliners, but it does dry out quickly. You can easily use a bit of eye makeup remover to soften the top of it and make it more gel like, but for any makeup product, you shouldn't be needing to find ways to make a product useable again.
I have since switched to Inglot's gel eyeliner. I would, however, recommend this for first time users, and to people who don't normally wear eyeliner all the time and just need it for a night out. Great price!

October 22, 2014

Not bad- I had the sparkly brown shade which wasn't extremely easy to work with. It did dry up within the year so I wasn't able to get a ton of use out of it. great quality for the price though!