essence I Love STAGE Eye Shadow Base Reviews

Ranked #233 out of 353 in Primer

September 26, 2016

I was first introduced to the world of eyeshadow primers through a sample I got at the drug store. I absolutely adore the product I was given, but it was out of my price range. So I began my search for the next greatest eyeshadow primer!

I discovered the Essence I Love Stage eyeshadow base, hoping for it to deliver. To be honest, it's a solid OK, however, it makes me wonder if it's just foundation in a bottle with an applicator wand. The issue with this product is because it is a shade darker than my skin, it is quite visible. I imagine it's a shade lighter than other skin tones, which again would make it quite visible. I suppose the point would be to cover it with eyeshadow however, the primer I had tried went on invisible, which is what I assumed this product would also do. It works well enough, but doesn't get my shades to pop as much as I'd like, and because this also has a colour to it, compromises the colours of my eyeshadows when I apply.

Although incredibly cheap, it's not worth the money.

August 06, 2016

I love this eye primer. It has some color to it so it evens out any unevenness and veins that I have on my eyelids and provides a nice smooth base. It's slightly tacky so it holds onto whatever I put on top really well. I also have oily eyelids and I feel like this works great at keeping the eyeshadow there all day. And you can't beat the price.

May 25, 2016

Best eyeshadow primer I've ever found, has a bit of coverage to cover veiny eyelids, lasts all day, pumps up pigmentation on all eyeshadows, and it's super inexpensive! Love!

April 13, 2016

Essence brand id's really great. And this product oohs my favorite! I find it better than most high end shadow primers including too faced shadow insurance! Love it. It's a little hard to find so i always sick up when i see it :)

September 23, 2015

For $4, this is a comparative dupe to urban decay eyeshadow primer!
    doesn't crease and your eye shadow stays strong all day. I love it especially when applying loose eye shadow powder.

July 27, 2015

For such an inexpensive eye shadow base it is worth it. It doesn't act like a high quality eye shadow base but it for sure does the trick!

July 27, 2015

This is by far my most favourite eye shadow base/primer. It's not thick and a tiny bit goes a really long way. Corrects any discolouration on my eyelids and make the eye shadow really stand out. Keeps even glitter shadows in place with zero creasing. Really, really high quality product for such a low price.

April 18, 2015

Don't want to spend a lot? Great product such low price
    Shadows don't crease great texture. Cream to powder finish.

April 03, 2015

This stuff works but it's like a fluorescent orange colour and that's the reason why I hate it. For some reason I just can't stand using it because of the colour, it's just so un natural and I don't like the colour. But if you can get past the look it works pretty well for the price.

September 13, 2014

This eye base is quite pigmented and has a smooth texture.It comes in a lipgloss like packaging with a doefoot applicator and you dont need much at all too cover your eyelid.As far as eye primers go this one is nice but i have slightly oily eyelids and this tends to crease a little after 6 hours or so but thats still amazing for such a cheap product.The reason i like this product so much is not because of the primer qualities though but because i use it as an undereye concealer.I find it blends very well and has just enough pigmentation to brighter my undereyes and blends seamlessly into my foundation. The colour is perfect for brightening my medium olive skintone. I love it!