• Essence Precise Eyeliner Brush
Good

Essence Precise Eyeliner Brush Reviews

Ranked #46 out of 462 in Makeup Brushes & Tools

October 22, 2016

I bought this at the same time I bought the Essence Gel Eyeliner pot. I already have an angled eyeliner brush, but this one was cheap and looked a little smaller, so I figured I would try it out and see how it worked.

The bristles are synthetic. It's very soft, not scratchy, and it's very thin, which makes it easy to draw a precise line, particularly if you're doing a wing. I actually found that this brush made it super easy to get a sharp wing. I haven't been doing winged eyeliner for very long, so I'm by no means a pro, but my eyeliner looked fabulous when I used this brush and the Essence Gel Eyeliner together.

Unfortunately, the bristles did harden quite a bit from the gel eyeliner, so when I went to use it a few days later, I had to rinse the bristles under water as well as soak them with a bit of makeup remover. I believe that was more to do with the intense formula of the gel than the actual brush -- I think any brush would have hardened, so it was my fault for not wiping it completely clean. Having said that, I am a little bit scared to see how this brush holds up to a good washing. The handle is pure plastic, which doesn't give me much hope for the glue holding the bristles down. If it does fall apart, I suppose it's cheap enough that I could buy another.

July 08, 2016

This is a great eyeliner brush, however, it is very hit or miss, as I purchased one that was scratchy and pokey, and had to exchange for another one that was much better and actually soft. (I would suggest not buying this online for that reason). Essence has gone through different colors of this brush, though the brush head has not changed very much. I think that this is very comparable to the ecotools eyeliner brush in the 5 peice set, as that one also produces a very thin line, though this is less expensive and sturdy (and potentially less comfy to hold). This is also thinner than the elf eyeliner brush (which also has batch inconsistencies).

May 03, 2016

I have the e.l.f. Eyeliner brush and was very happy with it, UNTIL I bought this! This is about the same price as the one from e.l.f. but it is so much softer. I really prefer using this brush now, because it feels so much nicer on my eyes and it works perfectly. I feel like this brush actually picks up more pigment, so it's way easier (and quicker) to tightline my eyes, which is the main job I use this for.
I like to apply eyeshadow as liner a lot, and this makes it easier to do and much more pleasant. The bristles don't poke my eyes, and the handle is a really cute green shade. The handle is also a bit shorter than most of my makeup brushes, which I kind of prefer. It also comes in a little reusable plastic pouch, that opens from the side which is easier to open and I feel like it doesn't damage the bristles as much.
I will be picking up another one of these for backup, and would recommend it to anyone who uses eye makeup!